Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$104,600.00 - $172,500.00
What Is the Opportunity?Travelers Data Scientists are taking the organization to the next level of intelligence by using advanced statistical techniques and machine learning algorithms. As Sr. Associate Data Scientist, you will analyze large, complex data sources to generate actionable insights and solutions that will enhance our customer experience. You will work with business partners to develop an understanding of business needs and opportunities for data analysis and experiments. Leverage your expanding technical and business knowledge to build models that solve key business problems.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices. #LIRemote #LIHybrid
What Will You Do?
- Independently perform tasks to support the development of analytical solutions.
- Develop domain and business knowledge to build statistical models.
- Communicate analysis, insights, and results to manager, peers, and working team.
- Assist or mentor less experienced analytic talent
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Masters in STEM related field or equivalent
- 1 year of related experience
- Moderate working knowledge of modeling/research /analytics or actuarial required
- Relevant statistical analysis work experience required
- Knowledge of statistical techniques with the ability to read and revise statistical software programs
- Ability to develop basic models and interpret model results
- Basic understanding of advanced statistics underlying data models
- Ability to apply emerging statistical procedures to work
- Working knowledge in: Regression, Classification, Machine Vision, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning and Statistical modeling.
What is a Must Have?
- Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Sciences, Actuarial Science or related analytical STEM field plus one year of experience or any suitable and equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Heavy concentration in mathematics, including statistics and programming, business intelligence/analytics, as well as data science tools and research using large data sets. Additional verification of specific coursework will be required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.