As a Cyber Security Intern for Great West Casualty Company, you will assist members of the IT-Security team in promoting and ensuring security awareness and mitigating risks through: vulnerability management, performing security analysis, determining data ownership responsibilities, documenting processes and procedures, and assisting with audits to ensure proper controls are in place and followed.
The start date for this position will be May 2023. This position offers the option of a hybrid work schedule, with flexibility of days in office and days working remotely.
To be successful in our IT Internship you will be:
• Enrolled and actively attending an accredited college or university working toward a degree in Cyber Security, Cyber Defense, or related IT-Security field.
• Highly motivated with strong customer service and communication skills.
• A self-starter who is naturally curious and eager to learn new tools while contributing to business projects.
• Able to follow direction, work independently, and work as a collaborative team member.
Why intern for us?
• A 37.5 hour work week with flexible scheduling to meet the demands of your busy student life.
• $18 per hour compensation.
• Assistance with securing affordable housing. A stipend is available for those who qualify.
• Individualized guidance from a mentor with whom you are paired.
• Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in employee-led committees.
• Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidies.
Who we are:
For over 65 years, Great West Casualty Company has provided premier insurance products and services to thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies across America. We have regional offices located around the country, and nearly 1,000 professionals are proud to call us an employer of choice. We are dedicated to the success, happiness, and wellness of our employees. If you are looking for a company where your contributions are valued, your continued learning is financially supported, and customer service is a priority, we want to talk to you. Apply today and join one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies as we help keep the nation's economy moving forward one mile at a time.
Location: South Sioux City, Nebraska
Great West Casualty Company is headquartered in a metro area that joins three states. Our corporate office is in South Sioux City, Nebraska, just across the Missouri River from Sioux City, Iowa, and North Sioux City, South Dakota, in a region nicknamed Siouxland. Recently selected as the 7th most livable small city in the U.S., Siouxland is home to more than 180,000 residents, offers affordable Midwest living, a vibrant downtown, a multitude of outdoor activities, live music, semi-pro sports, shopping, and more.
Great West Casualty Company.
Great West Casualty Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.