Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$78,000.00 - $128,700.00
What Is the Opportunity?The Senior Internal Investigator is responsible for conducting timely, unbiased, and thorough investigations into complex and serious allegations of misconduct including, but not limited to, misuse of company assets, fraud and other financial misconduct, and loss of intellectual property.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, and conducts timely, complex, and unbiased investigations involving allegations of misconduct involving employees, agents, and vendors in accordance with Company policy and industry standards.
- With guidance, develops and maintains detailed investigative strategy and methodology to identify all relevant evidence and execute strategy to include interviewing witnesses, evidence collection, analysis of data for relevance, and making credibility determinations.
- Documents investigative findings in a Report of Investigation that is clear, concise, complete, accurate, and reaches conclusions based on the evidence.
- Briefs decision-makers on investigative findings which are supported by detailed written report.
- Keeps abreast of changing environment and makes recommendations to adjust procedures accordingly.
- Makes recommendations to management on changes and enhancements to the fraud detection and prevention program.
- Assists with trend analysis and identify patterns of behavior.
- Assures appropriate retention of documentation relating to investigations, and accurate and timely data entry into the case management system, and other post investigative tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May act as a trusted advisor to the business.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience conducting investigations or compliance investigations is required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 5+ years' experience conducting investigations or compliance investigations in the private sector preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of investigation principles and techniques.
- Experience in conducting social media and public source investigations.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven analytical, data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of interviewing techniques.
- Strong active listening skills.
- Proven ability to triage and prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to an ever-changing work environment.
- Travel may be required.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment (Frequently)
- Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequently)
- Standing (Occasionally)
- Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Frequently)
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.