Senior Threat Hunter (Remote - Home Based Worker)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities. Plus, Allstate is changing how, when, and where we work-to lead us boldly into our future. We're empowering our employees to create better ways of working through more intentional use of communication and collaboration practices, processes and tools.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
**This position is a permanent remote home-based worker opportunity. Your home office does not need to be near an Allstate office, but it does need to be in the United States. The Sr Threat Hunting roleis eligible for a monthly connectivity reimbursement to offset the costs of internet and phone expenses.**
The Allstate Information Security (AIS) organizationis responsiblefor managing cyber security at Allstate. This includes Governance/Risk/Compliance, Access Management, Network Security, and Threat Response Services. The organizationis responsiblefor ensuring confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Allstate systems.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Threat Hunter to perform intelligence-driven network defense supportingthe monitoring and incident response capabilities. This impactful position will involve analysis of large amounts of data from vendors and internal sources, including various indicator feeds, Splunk, and several threat intelligence tools, etc. The individual in this role will perform the functions of threat hunting and serve as a liaison for Threat Services for the Global Security Fusion Center (GSFC), and mentor the incident handling and forensics teams.
- Design and run custom analysis models on security event information to discover active threats
- Identify (hunting) security nuances and abnormalities in the environment
- Develop use cases and actionablecontent to identify security variants that are currently not alerted within the environment
- Lead projects and assignments
- Custom tool design to assist in analysis and investigations
- Perform as an Information Security Resource in three or more of the following areas:
- Threat Intelligence
- Incident Response
- Log analysis (statisticalmodeling, correlation, pattern recognition, etc.)
- Microsoft platform (Server, workstation, applications)
- Open Systems platforms (Linux, UNIX, VM Ware ESX)
- Web Application
- Networking (firewalls, IDS/IPS, packet capture)
- Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, IMS)
- Reverse Engineering / Malware analysis
- Collaborate and supportteammates and outside teams with regard to threat hunting techniques/issues
- Communication/rapport with other divisions and various peers
- Strong ability to identify needs & driving solutions, and providing guidance, in an autonomousmanner
- Bachelor's and/or Master's Degree in IT Security, Engineering, Computers Science, or related field/experience
- 6+ years overall technical experience in either threat hunting, threat intelligence, incident response, security operations, or related information security field
- 2+ years' experience in penetration testing, ethical hacking, exploit writing, and/or vulnerability management
- Deep understanding of common network and application stack protocols, including but not limited to TCP/IP, SMTP, DNS, TLS, XML, HTTP, etc.
- Advanced experience with security operations tools, including but not limited to:
- SIEM (e.g., Splunk, ArcSight)
- Network analysis (e.g., NetWitness, Palo Alto)
- Signature development/management (e.g., Spunk rules, Snort rules, Yara rules)
- EDR solutions (e.g., CrowdStrike, Tanium)
- Link/relationship analysis (e.g., Maltego, IBM i2 Analyst Notebook)
- Broad experience with various common security infrastructure tools (NIDS, HIPS, EDR, etc.
- Scripting experience related to system administration and security operations (Python, Bash, PowerShell, Perl, C/C++)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, a passion for research and puzzle-solving
- Strong communication (oral, written, presentation), interpersonal, and consultative skills
- Leadership and mentorship skills
- Deep understanding of large, complex corporatenetwork environments
- Knowledge or experience in penetration testing, ethical hacking, exploit writing, and/or vulnerability management
- Knowledge or experience in application design/engineering, including but not limited to programming/scripting, Windows/Linux system administration, RDBMS/NoSQL database administration, etc.
- Recent experience with malware analysis and reverse engineering
- Preferred certifications in several of the following: SANS GIAC courses, CEH, CISSP, OSCP, or tool-specific certs
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstates benefits, visithttp://allstate.jobs/benefits/.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs.
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.