Senior Business Analyst
About the team:
The Reporting and Analytics team in Legal Strategic Services (LSS) provides advanced analytics, strategic reporting, and predictive modeling, to help our stakeholders continuously improve their legal-related processes and results. We apply leading-edge analytic platforms and modeling techniques, integrating both traditional and unstructured data from multiple litigation, billing, and claims systems, to provide our business partners with insights on key legal metrics and trends.
About this role:
This person will provide advanced operational and consultative support to the reporting and analytics team- focused on internal LSS and external SBU claims groups reporting. Specifically, this person will lead the SBU claims reporting and analyses that drive the legal conversations with the head of claims in GRS and GRM. This person will perform research, analyze reports, create and present decks and findings to stakeholders, and recommend changes based on data insights and feedback from stakeholders to solve problems and improve business outcomes under limited direction from manager.
- Manage the SBU claims reporting.
- Identifies opportunities for analysis.
- Performs complex research by gathering data from a variety of sources, which may include operational data, metrics, competitor information, and feedback from business partners.
- Conducts analyses based on operational, economic and/or financial data in order to quantify the competitive performance of business segments, evaluate potential operational changes, and/or design new approaches and methodologies.
- Analyzes information to identify trends, patterns, gaps and insights using descriptive analytics.
- Builds the business case for making a change to current practices, programs or procedures.
- Conducts current state assessment, opportunity assessment, cost/benefit analysis, feasibility assessment, etc.
- Develops, updates, and analyzes metrics used to determine operational performance.
- Owns report development for reports/dashboards in PowerBI.
- Develops, modifies, and distributes standard and ad hoc reports/dashboards to better understand the overall business and/or unit.
- Develops PowerPoint presentations and shares findings as well as recommendations.
- Receives, evaluates and responds to data-related inquiries by applying knowledge of data and business operations and obtaining information from various sources.
- Provides guidance to less experienced staff.
- Displays strong research, problem solving, analytical, critical thinking, influencing, relationship management, and presentation skills.
- Strong business operations knowledge to include understanding the function's value chain and market conditions.
- Solid ability to support change and impart value within an organization.
- Solid project management skills as part of implementing business process changes.
- Strong knowledge of available data sources, strengths and shortcomings.
- May also be relevant based on the particular needs of the position
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and solid knowledge of database software.
- Solid knowledge of business intelligence tools preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in addition to 5+ years of relevant experience to include business analysis work.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.