Director II, Product Research - GRM
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
The Global Retail Markets (GRM) Personal Lines Underwriting (UW) Effectiveness department is looking to hire for a Director II manager role. This role will be responsible for developing new Underwriting capabilities for US Personal Lines. Additionally, this role will own the overall UW imperative deliverables. This role requires extensive stakeholder management and collaboration across Product, Distribution, IT, Service, Operations, and Claims to drive and support organization-wide UW strategy. This role will have significant visibility across the GRM US ELT.
Collaborate with partner teams to develop next-generation UW capabilities
Work closely with PL UW Effectiveness department managers to build and deploy UW levers
Identify third-party data vendors that improve Underwriting effectiveness
Manage PL UW Imperative deliverables
Manage and develop a team of analysts
Leads high complexity and long-term UW projects and analysis.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5-7+ years of relevant and progressively more responsible experience within financial services, customer and technology-focused organization.
- Expert collaboration, organization, project management, and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple priorities required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, including PowerPoint.
We value your hard work, integrity, and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please click here.
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
- Possesses maturity, credibility and presence to interact with executive leaders
- Impeccable focus on customer experience and demonstrated strategic influencing skills
- Solid business acumen
- Results oriented with track record of personal accountability, strong work ethic and integrity
- Embodies continuous improvement mindset
- Advanced level of knowledge in the varied technical specialties related to process excellence in the areas of project management, negotiation, and leadership/management, as normally acquired through a bachelor`s degree (in technical or business discipline preferred) or equivalent experience of 10+ years with in-depth knowledge of the delivery of outsourced services strategies and methods
- Knowledge of business functions, operations, objectives and strategies
- In-depth knowledge of project planning methodologies, tools, standards and guidelines
- Knowledge of management concepts, practices and techniques
- Ability to promote a team environment
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Strong oral and written communications and presentation skills
- Strong financial analysis and planning skills, business value analysis skills, demonstrated leadership skills, and project and business process modeling
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.