Principal Software Engineer - Remote
Do you have the skills and drive to join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a one trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a Software Engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll apply your talents in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our Global Retail Management Claims Loss Data Capture (LDC) squad which is focused on building externalized First Notice of Loss (FNOL) REST APIs and microservices in a cloud-native environment.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you're a:
- Collaborative partner: Working side-by-side with business colleagues and interacting with customers, you'll address their technical challenges and ensure quality through collaborative, test- and behavior-driven development
- Problem solver: Complex problems often require innovative, creative approachesand you'll work to come up with outside-the-box solutions to solve them
- Customer-centric developer: You understand who we're here to serve and the products you develop will keep the end-user front and center
- Forward thinker: Simply fixing the problem isn't enough; using your proactive mindset and initiative, you'll continually look for ways to improve performance, quality and efficiency in innovative ways
- Minimum 7 years of software engineering experience
- Experience working in an agile environment utilizing Scrum, Kanban or XP
- Demonstrated success in platform modernization initiatives, utilizing technologies such as REST; micro services; cloud platforms such as AWS (including CDK), Java, Spring Boot, RESTful API development and Eventing (Kafka)
- An ability to code in multiple languages, including an object-oriented language, preferably Java/J2EE
- Strong oral and written communication skillsand a knack for explaining your decision-making process to non-engineers
- A collaborative, adaptable working style, demonstrated initiative and the ability to prioritize your time and efforts
- An innovative mindset that will help drive creative solutions
- The ability to lead and mentor other Engineers
- A thorough grasp of technology concepts, business operations, design and development tools, system architecture and technical standards
- Familiarity with CI/CD and DevOps tools
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.