Financial Systems Analyst
The Financial Systems Analyst will create and analyze a variety of customized, complex reports and validations using data query tools. This role will include responsibility for the automation of reporting processes and ensure the integrity of data included in reports used by finance and other areas of the business for regulatory and operational reporting as well as identify areas of improvement for business decisions. This role will work with varying levels of management and business teams across the organization.
- Responsible for efficiently preparing financial reports to evaluate and communicate results and trends of the company’s business. The position will be responsible for report writing from the Company’s policy administration and claim systems as well as its internal data warehouse;
- Analyze data for accuracy, and building automation for financial and other reporting systems and processes;
- Develop and implement financial report writing to enhance financial reporting templates to help automate and streamline our monthly/quarterly/annual financial reporting efficiency and quality;
- Responsible for making decisions on moderately complex issues regarding technical reporting;
- Build data models based on business requirements to prepare them for consumption by the Company’s internal systems
- Perform data analysis of key problem areas to assist in root cause analysis and identify data gaps for various Finance requirements and partner with IT and an offshore development team to remediate them;
- Perform data reconciliation and analysis to identify data irregularities;
- Partner with Finance and other business units to provide data analysis for various compliance business needs;
- Analyze and develop insights from the data extracted from the Company’s various internal systems to provide recommendations for enhancements in its financial systems; and
- Cross-reference multiple systems to validate data and document information integrity.
- Handle uploading of budget and actual data into planning software.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA in Accounting, Finance, MIS or related area
- 4+ years of experience within a data analysis or business analyst role with an emphasis on accounting/finance Excellent MS Excel skills, with knowledge of VBA, macros and Excel query tools Experience with SQL database queries Strong analytical and problem-solving skills Proactive with strong initiative and ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as good interpersonal skills
- Prefer experience within the property & casualty insurance industry
- Power BI/Power pivot experience a plus
- Accounting background in addition to data analysis experience preferred