CorVel in Action, MA is seeking an Data Verification Specialist (hours 8:00am - 4:30pm). The Data Verification Specialist is responsible for all bill review clerical functions, including mail, prepping and scanning medical bills, data entry, data verification and assisting with various phone and email tasks to support the bill review department.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Identifying and indexing all incoming faxes to the appropriate file, on a daily and timely basis.
- Scans paper documents and completes imaging process.
- Follows document destruction procedures.
- Adheres to HIPPA and other sensitive data regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Process information by compiling, coding, categorizing, and verifying information and data.
- Photocopying of original two sided documents to covert to one sided documents.
- Opens and sorts incoming paper mail.
- Identify and classify documents or other electronic content according to characteristics such as document type, function, or other classification.
- Retrieves images.
- Operates data capture equipment safely.
- Operates data capture technology to import digitized documents into document management system.
- Search electronic sources, such as databases or repositories, or manual sources for information.
- Follow clearly established and defined procedures and know when to escalate for higher review.
- Challenges include complete high volumes of work while meeting quality, productivity, and timeliness standards.
- Additional duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on several concurrent tasks and prioritize workload with minimal direction.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Intermediate ability to utilize Microsoft applications
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- 1 – 2 years' experience in administrative support roles
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work® Company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 4,000 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.