Underwriter, Executive Assurance
The Underwriter position is in the Large Commercial Group, one of Executive Assurance's specialty units, which is responsible for underwriting Directors and Officers Liability, Employment Practices Liability, and Fiduciary Liability coverage for public and private companies with revenues greater than $500M. Candidate must be a highly-motivated, career-oriented individual who desires to be a key part of the LCG team's efforts within the Central Region. The position offers increasing levels of responsibility and potential management opportunities.Job Responsibilities
- Underwrite and price products, to include financial and operational analysis
- Attendance at meetings with management of current and prospective insureds
- Policy contract review and rating
- Claims review
- Binding of new and renewal accounts according to our underwriting philosophy and strategy
- Service brokers and customers
- Coaching and developing junior underwriters in the region
- 2-5 years of D&O underwriting experience
- Industry specific study and designations (such as RPLU, CPCU) are encouraged.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Analytical focus, with a keen ability to think through issues
- Solid understanding of financial statements
- Strong customer-service focus
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple demands and commitments
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
- Effective negotiation skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Education & Experience: BS Degree - ideally with a major in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting.
Arch Insurance is a global insurer offering our clients superior coverage and service. We embody the Arch guiding principle of focusing on retaining experienced and talented employees to differentiate us from the rest of the pack. Our group operates from offices in the US, Canada, Bermuda, UK, and Australia, providing specialty risk solutions to clients worldwide across a wide range of industries. With nearly 20 years of operating history and strong financial ratings, our track record remains solid.
Arch Insurance employs a disciplined underwriting approach and prudent risk selection across all types of business. Our mission is to provide our insureds with superb coverage and claims handling through careful and diligent underwriting of risks and business-friendly solutions. Across our global operations, Arch Insurance employees are ready to meet your needs with professionalism and excellence.Options Apply for this position onlineApplyShareEmail this position to a friendRefer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Loading...Application FAQsSoftware Powered by iCIMS