Policy Service Associate
Hallmark Financial is a property and casualty insurance company with a diversified portfolio of insurance products written on a national platform. Through its six insurance subsidiaries, Hallmark Financial markets, underwrites and services commercial and personal insurance in select markets. Hallmark Financial is headquartered in Dallas, Texas and its common stock is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol “HALL”
As Hallmark continues to grow, we strive to find talented, innovative and creative professionals to join our team. We offer very competitive compensation and benefit packages combined with a team atmosphere that encourages independent initiative and professional growth. Our philosophy is simple. When you are happy and healthy as an individual, you work at your fullest potential. Hallmark seeks to provide the resources our employees need to succeed professionally and personally.
Position Title: Policy Service Associate
Job Summary: Provide superior customer service handling inbound calls and or live chats in a contact center environment assisting policyholders and agents by providing timely, accurate and
responsive information for both auto and renters lines of business. Independently solve
problems of varying scope and complexity. Identify, analyze, and own customer policy
needs to ensure high customer satisfaction, growth, and retention of business. Perform
limited Underwriting duties and policy service processing on new and existing business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
· Respond to requests from policy holders and agents for policy information,
interpretation of billing, routine policy changes, and quotes in an efficient and
· Process Credit Card and/or E-check payments, policy endorsements, policy holder
requested cancellations, reinstatements, and document requests timely and
· Employ sound judgment and comply with all internal procedures and practices
when discussing policy related issues.
· Perform limited underwriting review and processing on new and existing business.
· Adhere closely to assigned schedule and is consistently reliable and dependable.
· Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of 1 year of related experience required, insurance
experience is preferred but not required.
Active P&C License Preferred but not required.
- Must be customer oriented with the ability to consistently maintain a pleasant phone demeanor, demonstrate patience with callers who are difficult to understand or are having problems grasping concepts, as well as have the ability and desire to diffuse and assist irate/difficult callers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, efficient, and able to multi-task.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Must be able to type at least 25 wpm.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Spanish language proficiency preferred
Basic Microsoft Office Skills
Hallmark Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.