Our client is a leading full-service systems integrator and original equipment manufacturer. Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Lead Quality Engineer to join their team.
Title: Lead Quality Engineer
Location: Sacramento, CA
Overview: Responsible for development, management, maintenance and continual improvement of the Quality Management System in the Engineering Department, in accordance with global industry standards and regulations, under the general direction of Engineering and organizational leadership. Collaborates with program stakeholders and business partners to identify business needs and improvement opportunities, with a focus on process improvement, data and tools integrity, and operational efficiency. This position will be the catalyst for development and implementation of Quality initiatives to increase process efficiencies and overall customer satisfaction.
- Maintain and improve Quality, Consistency and efficiency on all engineering deliverables, resulting in reduction of cost and time.
- Audit, monitor and ensure compliance with engineering and drafting standards, SOPs, Company policies and other internal processes.
- Responsible for defining quality objectives/goals and monitoring the progress, and develop a quality dashboard
- Develop, implement and monitor processes and tools to track, analyze and improve non-conformances.
- Develop, implement and monitor an effective change/risk management process.
- Develop and implement Corrective Action / Preventive Action (CAPA) process with a strong focus on Root Cause Analysis methodologies.
- Develop and implement Cost-Out and Operational excellence framework using LEAN and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Conduct cross-function, customer-focused Continuous Improvement events/workshops and oversee the implementation of resulting improvement initiatives.
- Liaison with the other department managers to address systemic quality issues and to identify process improvements.
- Provide training on Quality initiatives, processes and procedures
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Engineering; preferably Electrical or Industrial.
- Masters in Engineering or certification in Quality Management, Business or Operations Management preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of Quality Engineering / Quality Assurance experience, with exposure to Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Experience with development and implementation of Root Cause Analysis, Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA)
- Minimum 5 years of working experience with quality standards such as ISO 9001, CSIA and other global standards recommended for Quality Management Systems.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to mentor, coach, and lead a team-based approach for effective decision-making.
- A “hands-on” self-starter with considerable managerial / leadership experience and a demonstrated ability to interact with various levels of management to accomplish goals and objectives
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
Pay: Contact recruiter for more information.