Assistant Director (STP), Advanced Analytics
About the team:
The Reporting and Analytics team in Legal Strategic Services (LSS) provides advanced analytics, strategic reporting, and predictive modeling, to help our stakeholders continuously improve their legal-related processes and results. We apply leading-edge analytic platforms and modeling techniques, integrating both traditional and unstructured data from multiple litigation, billing, and claims systems, to provide our business partners with insights on key legal metrics and trends.
About this role:
This person will provide advanced operational and consultative support to the reporting and analytics team- focused on internal LSS and external SBU claims groups reporting. This person will perform research, analyze reports, create and present decks and findings to stakeholders, and recommend changes based on data insights and feedback from stakeholders to solve problems and improve business outcomes under limited direction from manager.
- Serves as the contact point for senior stakeholders in LSS and SBU claims groups.
- Develops analyses based on complex data.
- Quantifies the competitive performance of the business, evaluates potential operational changes, and designs new approaches and methodologies to solve business problems or improve analytical efficiency.
- Produces meaningful observations and recommendations through synthesizing data from internal and external sources.
- Leads own work stream and manages research projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Conducts analytical work which directly impacts profitability, growth, and/or customer satisfaction outcomes.
- Presents findings / recommendations and leads discussions with senior leadership (VP/SVP) at the department or functional level.
- Owns report development for reports/dashboards in PowerBI as well as monthly status calls with senior stakeholders.
- Develops, modifies, and distributes standard and ad hoc reports/dashboards to better understand the overall business and/or unit.
- Develops PowerPoint presentations and shares findings with senior leaders as well as recommendations.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced analysts.
- Master's Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or any other quantitative field plus a minimum 5 years of applied business / non-academic experience preferred.
- For non-Master s Degree candidates, Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 7 years of applied business/non-academic experience, or equivalent.
- Proven track record of developing and applying modeling to business problems. Deep knowledge of data sources, tools and business drivers.
- Ability to apply more advanced analytical concepts to improve business outcomes.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (VBA, macros, scripts, formulas, data visualization, etc.), PowerPoint, and statistical software packages (SAS, Emblem).
- Must have good planning, analytical, decision-making and communication skills.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.