Underwriting Specialist, North America Specialty
Under limited direction, contributes to the growth and profitability of assigned specialty product line(s) through marketing, underwriting and managing of products and services of complex risks. Risks may require special handling or unusual coverages. Requires specialized knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques to include coverage issues, product lines, marketing, relevant systems, and competition in the marketplace. Demonstrates strong strategic and marketing capabilities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships to facilitate marketing of LIU products and services to the brokerage community.
- Makes independent sales calls to market and cross market.
- Reviews and negotiates policy terms and conditions including manuscript wording.
- Underwrites targeted new and renewal business by reviewing and analyzing insured's (or prospective insured's) loss history, financials, and other pertinent information.
- Makes independent marketing calls to brokers and prospective insureds.
- Contributes to the development of marketing plans, product analysis, services, geographic focus and broker intelligence.
- Communicates with other product line underwriters and claims analysts in order to provide top level customer service.
- Assists other members of the department including Underwriters, Associate Underwriters in product line and/or technical knowledge and development.
- Performs related duties as requested to include, report preparation, presentations, and special projects to assist in ensuring the success of the product line unit.
- Advanced-level knowledge of insurance products/coverage, underwriting, pricing, risk selection, market segments and marketplace; insurance finance and actuarial concepts; loss control/risk engineering; marketing techniques, regulatory environment and reinsurance; advanced-level knowledge of territory management.
- Ability to apply underwriting/appetite, tools, systems, and resources to achieve goals, solve complex problems, establish and build healthy working relationships, lead mentoring relationships, and negotiate, as normally acquired and a related bachelor's degree seven to ten years of relevant experience preferred; CPCU or professional insurance designation strongly preferred.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.