Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
Senior Cybersecurity Software Engineer
At Liberty Mutual Insurance, we believe progress happens when people feel secure. Our Cybersecurity Engineers form a diverse team of security professionals who are collectively responsible for improving the overall security posture of the organization.
Cybersecurity Engineers must continually adapt to stay ahead of a dynamic threat landscape. We are expected to continually learn and grow. This is not a passive career opportunity, but rather one that requires a passion for security and rigor to protect our business.
In this role, you will work with cutting-edge security solutions that are located within Liberty Mutual physical data centers and cloud environments. You will have the opportunity to manage, develop, deploy, and support security solutions globally to include regional data centers, Liberty Mutual local offices, and cloud environments, including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure. .
You would be a senior member of an agile team that is focused on analysis, system design, documentation, testing, implementation and support for highly complex security operations and processes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participating on an Agile Scrum Team focused on supporting Cybersecurity software development initiatives.
- Work closely with a team of developers, testing engineers and user experience designers to build new features.
- At least 5 years of full SDLC development experience
- Hands-on experience deploying application to cloud using CI/CD pipeline
- Strong experience writing tools, interacting with APIs, and automating systems.
- Experience developing cyber security software applications
- Industry cybersecurity and/or technology certifications are a plus
- Proficient in new and emerging technologies, IT concepts, strategies and methodologies, as well as security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications and network protocols
- Negotiation skills; oral and written communication skills
- Advanced consultative skills, including the ability to understand and assist in applying customer requirements
- Comfortable with agile working environments to include both SCRUM and KANBAN
- Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
- Intermediate proficiency of operational framework capabilities to include dimensional and lateral thinking, architectural analysis, business analysis and financial disciplines, security and compliance, data integration and analysis, and computational thinking
- Advanced proficiency across social networking, application delivery, mobile competency, system and technology integration, and system software infrastructure
- Expert proficiency in workplace adaptability
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.