Manager, Engineering - Digital Content Solutions
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The Digital Content Solutions team is looking to add Manager, Engineering to their team. This associate will join a highly motivated, people focused and results oriented team. You will empower a diverse team of engineers who provide robust content repository management solutions for the Global Risk Solutions organization.
In this role, you will attract, retain, manage, inspire, and deploy engineers across agile teams to enable optimal alignment of staff to business priorities. You will coach and evaluate performance and quality of work delivered by team members. The manager will create a motivating work environment for teams and ensure they are constantly learning and delivering quality code while following continuous integration delivery practices. The person in this role will advocate, promote, and protect innovation time while assisting the team with ideation. You are expected to understand tools, architecture, security, and scalability needs for the assigned teams; provide technical engineering guidance especially with less experienced team members. You will manage total cost of ownership, advocate for the removal of technical debt, assist and support team effectiveness.
In this role, you will champion and effectively utilize agile methodology and practices. You will partner with Product Management, Engineering, Architecture and Digital Content Solutions Management as well as work closely with vendor and cross market partners while being aware of trends to shape the future of content management storage.
About the job:
- Ensures application or portfolio of platforms are enhanced and maintained to meet business functional need. In partnership with Product Owner, identifies key performance indicators to measure success of work product.
- Understands the business domain and product vision; in partnership with other team members (Scrum Master, Architect, Product Owner, etc.) aligns work of the team toward the shared goals for the product.
- Monitors team effectiveness and addresses issues affecting team productivity.
- Supports team members in addressing or escalating issues to make the overall team more efficient.
- Removes roadblocks and obstacles; manages interdependencies when needed.
- Initiates and fosters collaborative partnerships with current and potential clients, technology and business managers, vendors, and technology executives; develops relationships that support increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manages the quality of work delivered by team members and deals effectively with performance issues in a timely manner.
- Coordinates and delivers performance reviews and drives professional development, including rotations and special assignments.
- Facilitates or provides mentoring experiences. Provides relevant technical coaching and support to team members.
- Hires talent and actively engages in recruiting processes.
- Coordinates with vendors to ensure talent management, on-boarding and transition are performed in a consistent manner.
- Participates in the development of business and/or technology vision, strategies, critical success factors and operating plans for application, unit or platform.
- Partners to establish financial plan for the application, portfolio or overall unit and manages to plan.
- May lead efforts to evaluate, select and implement new technologies to enhance application or platform.
- Bachelor`s or Master`s Degree in technical or business discipline.
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience in a practice relevant domain including delivering software solutions in an agile environment.
- Minimum 3+ years in a leadership role.
- Experience in Digital Content Management solutions.
- Able to manage complex technology development concepts, capabilities and maturity.
- Requires excellent analytical ability, consultative, communication, presentation and management skills, strong judgment, and ability to effectively liaise with cross functional stakeholders and optimize teams.
- Demonstrated ability to operate collaboratively and build consensus. In-depth knowledge of technology standards and guidelines; knowledge of management concepts, practices and techniques; thorough knowledge of business functions and operations, objectives and strategies.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.