Private Equity Investment Professional - Global Private Investments
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Investments manages Liberty Mutual Insurance Group's global financial assets across global and private domains, to create capital and generate income. With over $100 billion in AUM and staffed with 300-plus investment, finance and operations professionals located in Boston, MA., Liberty Mutual Investments offers the best of both worlds; the look and feel of a boutique investment firm, and the reputation and financial strength of a Fortune 100 company.
Liberty Mutual Group is a diversified global financial services company headquartered in Boston, MA. Our company, which is one of the largest property and casualty insurers in the U.S., employs over 50,000 people in more than 900 offices around the world.
We are currently seeking a candidate for an Investment Professional role with our Global Private Investments division. This is a pre-MBA position within the Private Equity Markets team, where the individual will be exposed to primary fund investments, co-investments, and secondary transactions. The individual hired will be centrally involved in fund and co-investment screening, evaluating investment opportunities, due diligence, portfolio monitoring, and conducting industry studies. Investment analysts have access to many of the leading global and U.S. private equity firms, as well as access to C-Suite executives from medium sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Perform comprehensive analysis on fund investment opportunities, including working extensively with Excel and PowerPoint, modeling fund performance, and evaluating overall performance by examining underlying portfolio investments
- Assist in the underwriting of co-investment opportunities, including working with financial models, evaluating commercial diligence materials, engaging with industry experts, and completing company specific research
- Evaluate new opportunities by reviewing offering memoranda for new funds and participating in external manager meetings
- Manage and maintain a CRM system to track managers in the market
- Monitor investments and prepare related materials to track progress
- Assist in the execution of various portfolio management activities, including performance benchmarking and capital planning
- Conduct industry research in support of current/future investment activity
- Collaborate across private asset classes and Liberty Mutual Investments more broadly
- The role will include up to 10% travel
Bachelor's Degree from a leading institution
1-3 years related work experience (prior experience in private equity, investment banking, or consulting is preferred)
Strong Excel modeling and PowerPoint presentation development skills
Solid foundation in accounting and finance
Excellent communication skills (written / verbal / presentation) across a variety of audiences
Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and time-sensitive deliverables with a high degree of quality and accuracy
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits.
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more creative products and services for our customers.