Manager, Engineering and Business Systems Analysis - Investments Tech
Are you interested in Investments? Do you have the skills and drive to join a tech team that's actively building industry leading cloud native solutions? Do you want to join an Innovative Team with a start-up mindset and fortune 100 stability? If yes, there's a place at Liberty Mutual Investments for you!
Liberty Mutual Investments manages Liberty Mutual Insurance Group's global financial assets across global and private domains, to create capital and generate income. With over $80 billion in AUM and staffed with 270+ investment, finance and operations professionals located in Boston, MA., Liberty Mutual Investments offers the best of both worlds; the look and feel of a boutique investment firm, and the reputation and financial strength of a Fortune 100 company.
This role will manage a team of configuration engineers and business systems analysts and will be responsible for helping build capabilities that align our technology organization as an integrated partner to our investment finance and operations organizations. Further responsible for hiring, managing, and deploying resources across team(s) to enable optimal alignment of team to business priorities. Coaches and evaluates performance and quality of work delivered by team members. Creates motivating work environment for team and ensures team is constantly learning and delivering quality solutions. Understands tools, architecture, security and scalability needs; provides technical engineering guidance especially with less experienced team members. Manages total cost of ownership, advocates for the removal of technical debt, assists and supports team effectiveness. Champions and effectively utilizes agile methodology and practices. Model for and enable team to employ creative problem solving, hardworking and solution-oriented attitude; demonstrate a servant leadership mindset with focus on the collective success of the scrum team to iteratively deliver high quality products to enable the investments businesses.
- Leverage investments, finance and technical knowledge to understand business problems and drive solutions, help define product vision.
- Build deep knowledge of vendor solutions (generally SaaS) including understanding of data, integration points, and leverage that knowledge to deliver high value solutions to business partners.
- In partnership with Product Owner, identifies key performance indicators to measure success of work product.
- Manage support environment including offshore resources to ensure operating model goals and SLAs are met; manage costs accordingly.
- Monitors team effectiveness and addresses issues affecting team productivity.
- Supports team members in addressing or escalating issues to make the overall team more efficient.
- Removes roadblocks and obstacles; manages interdependencies when needed.
- Initiates and fosters collaborative partnerships with current and potential clients, technology and business managers, vendors and technology executives; develops relationships that support increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manages the quality of work delivered by team members and deals effectively with performance issues in a timely manner.
- Coordinates and delivers performance reviews and drives professional development, including rotations and special assignments.
- Facilitates or provides mentoring experiences. Provides relevant technical coaching and support to team members.
- Hires talent and actively engages in recruiting processes.
- Coordinates with vendors to ensure talent management, on-boarding and transition are performed in a consistent manner.
- May establish financial plan for the application, portfolio or overall unit and manages to plan.
- May lead efforts to evaluate, select and implement new technologies to enhance application or platform.
- Knowledge of technology concepts, strategies and methodologies typically acquired through a Bachelor`s or Master`s Degree in technical or business discipline and a minimum of five years' experience in a practice relevant domain including delivering software solutions in an agile environment.
- 3 years in a leadership role preferred.
- Able to manage complex technology development concepts, capabilities and maturity.
- Requires excellent analytical ability, consultative, communication, presentation and management skills, strong judgment and ability to effectively liaise with cross functional stakeholders and optimize teams.
- Demonstrated ability to operate collaboratively and build consensus. In-depth knowledge of technology standards and guidelines; knowledge of management concepts, practices and techniques; thorough knowledge of business functions and operations, objectives and strategies.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.