Senior Claims Specialist I- Excess & Coverage
Under minimal supervision and direction, triage and assign claims for the Excess and Coverage department, monitor caseloads, analyze new claim trends, and create and analyze spreadsheets. Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership ability are required with ability to demonstrate time management skills.
Handle a minimum pending of excess / umbrella claims throughout the entire claim's life cycle. Responsible for conducting investigations, recommending adequate reserves, monitoring, documenting, and settling/closing claims in an expeditious and economical manner within the prescribed authority limits for the line of business. Determine coverage, investigate highly complex commercial casualty claims, determine liability, set, and adjust reserves, evaluate claims, manage litigation, negotiate settlement, authorize, and pay claims.
The salary range posted reflects the range for the varying pay scale that encompasses each of the Liberty Mutual regions and the overall cost of living for that region.
This position is 100% remote
- Triages new assignments across multiple claim systems and determines when claims are to be assigned or closed as record only.
- Inputs data and maintains spreadsheet of assignments within the department.
- Analyzes and presents data trends of new assignments.
- Analyzes, investigates, and evaluates the loss to determine coverage and claim disposition. Utilizes claims systems to document claims and to diary future events or follow-up.
- Within prescribed settlement authority for the line of business, establishes appropriate reserves for both indemnity and expense and reviews on a regular basis to ensure adequacy. Makes recommendations to set reserves at appropriate level for claims outside of authority level.
- Prepares comprehensive reports as required. Identifies and communicates specific claim trends and account and/or policy issues to management and underwriting.
- Manages the litigation process through the retention of counsel. Adhere to the line of business litigation guidelines to include budget, bill review, and payment.
- May provide claims marketing services by participating in meetings with brokers, risk managers, or reinsurers.
- As required, maintains insurance adjuster licenses.
- Bachelors' and/or advanced degree or equivalent training.
- 3 to 5 years of directly related work experience.
- Functional knowledge of claims handling concepts, practices and techniques, to include but not limited to coverage issues and product line knowledge.
- Functional knowledge of law and insurance regulations in various jurisdictions.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrates strong negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational skill and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrates fluent understanding of data input and analysis.
- Microsoft Excel skills required, advanced a plus.
- Specialized and technical competence in the handling of casualty claims with emphasis on general liability and auto policies; experience with umbrella/excess a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate and negotiate with customers and conduct investigations required.
- Leadership ability and demonstrated time management skills to delegate work appropriately and organize resources effectively.
- Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of claims case handling practices, legal liability, general insurance policy coverage, and the state`s tort laws as normally acquired through a bachelor`s degree (or equivalent training) plus 3 to 5 years directly related work experience.
- Required to obtain and maintain all applicable licenses.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.