Field Operations Consultant
Acts as chief operating leader to the region Field Executive. Works across both business and personal lines, organizes and operationalizes distribution and agency initiatives within region and states. Develops and deploys region tactics to achieve critical operational objectives. Analyzes key performance indicators to analyze business flow, identify opportunities and inform region strategies. Serves as a primary liaison for national field operations groups to drive countrywide consistency in agency management practices.
Overall, the Field Operations Consultant manages projects to include those considered complex in nature with function-wide impact. (e.g., strategically important, technical in nature, large budget, 12-month timeframe, etc.).
- Works with various national and regional groups to ensure field alignment with national distribution organization and with cross-functional areas such as underwriting and finance.
- Supports the regional Field Executive in the development of region and state strategies, including opportunity identification, tactical planning, deployment and results monitoring.
- Manages region agency compensation strategy, including agency profit sharing, promotions and commissions, managing results vs. plan, process execution exceptions.
- Owns report development for reports/dashboards of high complexity (e.g. many different data sources, varying date ranges, one-to-many relationships, high data manipulation, varying data displays, etc.). Reports involve a more advanced level of logic. May use queries, macros & basic SQL.
- Leads development of regional advisory councils. Works with local leadership to establish agendas, secure meeting space and speakers, and assure appropriate travel and accommodations for all attendees.
- Leads development for internal meetings. Assures organized and standardized agency reviews aligned with business lines / personal lines expectations on agency selection, key discussion points, and action plans. Attends agency reviews, summarizes next steps and monitors execution.
- Supports region leadership in premium and budget planning and monitoring.
- Leads the region agency advisory council process and internal team meetings for both the Regional Field Executive and the Region Directors and Regional Operations Manager within the region.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required; Masters preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in the insurance industry, including regular interaction with agents and brokers
- Strong knowledge of agency management strategies and project management principles and concepts, with proven ability to apply to complex, function-wide project and implement business process changes
- Displays strong research, problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Advanced business operations knowledge to include understanding the function's value chain and market conditions
- Advanced influencing, relationship management & presentation skills
- Highly skilled at supporting change and imparting value within an organization
- Advanced knowledge of available data sources, strengths and shortcomings
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and strong knowledge of database software
- Solid knowledge of Salesforce or customer relationship management systems and business intelligence tools
- Proven experience analyzing and presenting results of analysis to executive audiences and frontline users of data
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.