Senior/Principal Security Software Engineer - Secure DevOps Platforms
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a principal software engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll consult on highly complex projects and solve technical problems, while working in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
The Software Delivery team in Secure DevOps Platforms is hiring a Secure Supply Chain Engineer to help lead the evolution of our secure coding and delivery practices within Liberty Mutual. This position will be a founding member of our new secure supply chain team, leading the evaluation and implementation of new techniques and tooling in support of our global software delivery platform.
You will be responsible for analyzing our CI/CD pipelines and source code to detect complex vulnerabilities. You will develop frameworks and tools to perform automated detection of vulnerabilities and data misconfiguration at enterprise scale. You will work to help identify, educate, and instruct teams in mitigating and/or eliminating these risks.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you're a:
- Technical problem solver: Going far beyond simply developing error-free source code, test scripts, components and system architectures, you'll document and build deployment guides aimed at maintaining robust, relevant software
- Customer-centric engineer: Putting clients' needs first, you'll translate customer requirements into technical applications and support the implementation of new software
- Motivated mentor: Exercise your technical chops while coaching and collaborating with junior software engineers.
- Forward thinker: Merely fixing a problem isn't enough using your proactive mindset and initiative, you'll also identify opportunities to enhance performance, quality and efficiency
This is a range posting; the hiring manager is open to a Sr. Software Engineer or Principal Software Engineer.
- Six or more years of software engineering experience
- Strong background in business operations and strategies, including global technology and financial services trends
- Hands-on involvement with layered systems architectures, designs and shared software concepts
- Familiarity with functional and system integration testing
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with threat modeling and handling vulnerability reports
- Experience partnering with cross-functional engineering and product teams
- Design and implement automation security tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Must have hands-on experience in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) environment.
- Experience with Github Actions and Github Advanced Security is preferred but not required
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation and consensus-building capabilities
- Openness and adaptability to respond to fast-moving circumstances
- Proficiency in multiple object-oriented programming languages and tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Improve upon and further integrate the Secure Development Lifecycle (SDLC) into product design and engineering efforts
- Empower secure-by-default development by shipping libraries and frameworks that address classes of vulnerabilities at scale
- Assist with code reviews to proactively identify potential vulnerabilities, and follow-up with tooling to prevent future vulnerabilities
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with developers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of cyber security best practices in support of product and commercial software development.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.