Senior Underwriting Manager, Inland Marine - GRS
Construction and transportation are key industries within the U.S. As these industries expand and exposures get larger, risks get more sophisticated and complex. Liberty understands that and our Inland Marine division is poised to respond with a solution-oriented approach. Our underwriting team partners with risk engineering and claims to offer a complete and integrated insurance program to provide to our broker and insureds. We offer products for large project builders' risk, master builders' risk, contractor equipment and construction property within the construction industry and domestic logistics for the transportation industry as well as coverage for operational roads, bridges and tunnels.
As a Senior Underwriting Manager within the Inland Marine group, you will act as a strategic leader and will be responsible for leading the inland marine underwriting operations for a large portion of the United States. You will contribute to and drive strategy to attain profit, quality, growth, multi-line diversification, and operational objectives as well as provide thought leadership for customer-oriented solutions. Role will include driving countrywide priorities such as pipelining, profitability, and talent development/succession as well as collaboration with Distribution, Product Management, Operations, and other functions to optimize results. Lead, engages, and inspires a diverse and inclusive team, building highly effective underwriters with strong multi-line expertise, confidence of judgment, and deal orientation.
- Work closely with and assist the Inland Marine U.S. Manager with strategic countrywide initiatives for the Inland Marine team.
- Execute the P&M Inland Marine segment strategy within a designated region to attain profit, growth and multi-line diversification goals. Monitor execution against the appetite and correct situations where objectives are not being met.
- Develop processes and procedures to support critical business imperatives and ensure they align with broader Inland Marine strategic objectives.
- Lead the region's selection, development and management of underwriters needed to achieve business objectives. Ensure that expertise is fostered through development, coaching and mentoring mechanisms.
- Motivate and inspire employees to do their best work by creating an inclusive and innovative culture where each individual feels valued and thrives.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with brokers and clients focused on understanding their needs and priorities while fully promoting and representing the Liberty Mutual brand.
- Collaborate with other functions and support initiatives in the areas of product development, operations, process, technology, distribution and claims management.
- Manage relationships with key internal stakeholders in order to identify opportunities for improvement to drive customer value.
- Monitor / measure region results and implement relevant action plans to address gaps and reinforce success.
- Maintain a quality assurance process that identifies and corrects gaps in decision making.
- Expert-level knowledge of construction property & inland marine underwriting principles, practices and procedures as well as the highest level of skill and business acumen.
- Highly developed negotiation and communications skills.
- Well established relationships with brokers in the respective territory / market
- Demonstrated ability and experience in establishing and sustaining relationships with producers and customers as normally acquired through a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and a minimum of 8-10 years builders' risk / inland marine underwriting or related experience.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.