When you enter finance and accounting position at Liberty Mutual Insurance, you will find the same dynamic environment and challenges as within other organizations. Yet you will find something more: an opportunity to apply your analytic and technical skills to a company renowned for its integrity and focus on developing its employees' careers.
As an Accountant, you will conduct complex assignments involving maintaining ledger accounts and developing financial statements and reports.
- Prepare complex financial reports utilizing a broad knowledge of accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare and/or input general ledger entries by utilizing set procedures and various accounting systems.
- Research complex accounting treatment and policies by utilizing available technology and other resources.
- Research and resolve complex reconciling issues and discrepancies; take corrective measures to prevent.
- Provide customer service to internal and external groups.
- Review financial reports for accuracy and ensure timely preparation.
- Prepare analysis and be prepared to provide explanations for unusual and/or inconsistent trends.
- Suggest process improvement initiatives and provide solutions to enhance current processes.
- Prepare and track the budget for assigned Pension and Post-Retirement Benefits.
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting or Finance) required. CPA or advanced degree in Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting or finance experience.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to adapt quickly to changing conditions to achieve results.
- Communicates well with own team and across organizational boundaries to create alignment and ensure the successful completion of shared goals.
- Comfortable leading meetings and able to communicate issues and trends to senior management and other groups at the appropriate level of detail.
- Possesses a solid understanding of accounting principles.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.