Senior Analyst, Product Research
The Global Retail Markets (GRM) Product Management team is looking for an Analyst or Senior Analyst to join Personal Lines Underwriting Effectiveness to play an active role in delivering next generation model-based underwriting (UW) solutions across the organization for both brands and all lines of business.
This highly visible role will drive the development and execution of UW products to enable Liberty to navigate challenging market environments, staying ahead of trends and competitor actions. This role will focus on implementing & managing multivariate models to improve UW sophistication across a policy's entire lifecycle. Strong collaboration across Product Design & Modeling, Product Economics, Product State Management, & partners in Distribution is required to effectively drive initiatives forward.
This role will have senior management visibility and will present regularly to GRM leadership.
**This is a ranged posting. Level of role offered will be based on skills and experience at manager discretion.**
- Lead the development of critical UW work geared towards delivering greater UW sophistication; examples of work include eligibility sophistication models, targeted verification models, renewal sophistication models, etc.
- Partner across Product Design & Modeling and Economics to design, evaluate, and prioritize model-based UW products, leveraging new technological solutions such as the Runway platform.
- Explore new data sources (including 3rd party vendor products) for future UW purposes and become an expert in UW metrics & analytics.
- Partner with Directors of State Operations to design state-specific solutions to efficiently apply UW models in new and optimized manner.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, economics, statistics, or other quantitative field.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience, typically 4 years.
- Strong proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical software packages (eg., SAS, Emblem).
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical, decision making and communication skills.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.