Supervisor, Claims Services Support
IAT Insurance Group has an immediate opening for a Supervisor of Claims Services Support that can be located in our Raleigh, North Carolina or Omaha, Nebraska offices. This role will oversee the day-to-day administrative and technical supervision to claim staff whose primary tasks are:
- Provide customer service through administrative activities
- Answer/transferring phone calls
- Answer any general questions and provide basic information to customers
- Take loss reports
- Process information through existing systems.
- Provides leadership to approximately 10 staff by leading organizational change; developing and empowering staff; cultivating relationships; putting staff in a position to succeed, meeting their personal career goals while also achieving organizational goals; building effective teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; driving engagement and creating a climate where staff are motivated to do their best.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring work activities, such as preparation of records of expenditures, progress reports, etc., in order to inform management of current status of work activities.
- Recommends measures to improve methods, performance, and quality of service, and suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency.
- Evaluates employee performance, and recommends or initiates promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree with 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
- Equivalent is defined as 9 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstratable process improvement experience.
- Contact center or Insurance experience.
- Alternative work distribution model experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate internally and externally.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Superior attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to set priorities and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes.
Preferred to have:
- Supervisory experience
- Online Learning Management
- Bilingual (Spanish & English) language skills
- Experience with onBase and/or Duck Creek
- Business Machine automation experience
IAT is the largest private, family- owned property and casualty insurer in the U.S. Insurance Answers Together is how we define IAT, in letter and in spirit. We work together to provide solutions for people and businesses. We collaborate internally and with our partners to provide the best possible insurance and surety options for our customers. It's about far more than being a workplace. We're a work family.
At IAT, our fundamental belief is to a create a culture where all employees are heard and have a sense of belonging. Inclusion and Diversity are not just initiatives, it's how we live. We're committed to driving and building an open and supportive culture. By embracing the uniqueness of our employees, investing in their development, listening to, and engaging their ideas, we are stronger as an organization.
Our employees propel IAT forward – driving innovation, stable partnerships and growth. That's why we continue to build an engaging workplace culture to attract and retain the best talent. We offer comprehensive benefits like:
- 26 PTO Days (Entry Level) + 12 Company Holidays = 38 Paid Days Off
- Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses
- 7% 401(k) Company Match and additional Profit Sharing
- College Loan Assistance Support Plan
- Educational Assistance Program
- Mentorship Program
- Dress for Your Day Policy
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and participate in E-Verify.
Come join the IAT family!
COVID 19 Statement:
IAT actively tracks COVID vaccination rates, possible symptoms, and cases across the organization so we can make informed decisions about workplace safety. As a result, while IAT does not require employees to be vaccinated, employees are required to log their vaccination records and attest daily to being symptom free before entering IAT offices.