Data Science Co-op (January - July 2023)
Help shape the future of Data Science across Liberty!
As a coop in Liberty Mutual's Office of Data Science (ODS), Enablement & Collaboration unit, you will work with a team of data science (DS) and machine learning (ML) experts to solve some of Liberty's most challenging problems.
The ODS was created to provide additional centralized support and expertise to DS teams across the global organization. Our projects focus on key areas of interest to multiple teams, bleeding edge research and experimentation, common tool development, and establishing best practices to ensure the scientific community at Liberty is well-positioned to rapidly meet the challenges of modern industry.
If you are interested in making an impact on an entire culture at a Fortune 100 company, the ODS is the place for you!
Why you may enjoy working in the Office of Data Science:
As a centralized group, our project scope is vast. Possibilities include:
- Design new language models (NLP/NLU) to understand and build predictions or summaries from customer calls, claim notes, web chats, medical records, and beyond.
- Detect property hazards from aerial imagery, customer photos, geospatial data, etc. using computer vision (CV).
- Explore the advantages and limitations of privacy-preserving ML, to accelerate experimentation and better protect our customers' data.
- Push the boundaries in fundamental experimentation to boost and augment small-sample or rare-event data, transfer learning, and similar techniques.
- Engage in theoretical research in collaboration with a top-tier academic institution (link) to shape the future of AI
You're good at and offer:
- Working knowledge of data science and machine learning techniques
- Ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely
- Fluent in Python and other relevant programming languages
- Working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, Computer Information Systems, Informatics, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Mathematics or other related technical programs
- Strong technical, analytical, communication, & organizational skills
- Experience with information systems, software applications and analyzing quantitative information
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA preferred
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.