(Sr) Director, Data and Analytics - Portfolio & Agile Engineering Delivery
The Liberty Mutual Global Data and Analytics Engineering (DAE) team is seeking a passionate data portfolio leader to serve as (Sr) Director, Agile and Data Engineering Delivery. This proactive and strategic senior leadership role will be part of a senior leadership team helping to create a new scaled delivery model for cloud data lakehouse and analytics engineering solutions in an effective Agile manner for the largest business unit at Liberty Mutual. In this role, the leader will ensure smooth delivery of data to our businesses across the globe through leadership and development of best practice Agile excellence practices, modern data delivery frameworks and process (KPIs, budget, vendor, etc), and smooth engineering delivery through strategic partners. This role will report directly to the VP & Senior Director for Global DAE within Global Retail Markets (GRM) Technology / IT.
This exciting role will accelerate Global Data Analytics and Engineering (DAE) team growth and spearhead transformation of new partner / vendor delivery model. This leader will devise a framework for scaled delivery across our engineering organization through strategic partners. Delivery of data engineering solution spans numerous business domains (Product & Underwriting, Customer, Claims, Finance, Marketing, Digital, Distribution) and global locations including the US, East (Asian markets, Malaysia, Hong Kong, and India), and West Regions (Western European markets, Andes markets and Brazil).
Note: This a range posting. Candidates will be considered for the appropriate level depending upon qualifications.
About the role:
- Key member of Global DAE leadership team, providing key strategic vision on data engineering delivery with Agile best practices, people and vendor management, communications, and financials
- Strategic advisor spearheading complex engineering delivery transformation program through execution of a scalable and efficient partner-led-go-to-market delivery model
- Accountability for all external labor delivery for DAE
- Define and build comprehensive portfolio executive reporting for all Agile delivery and strategic programs to ensure consistent monitoring and delivery success metrics
- Serve in Agile practices senior thought leader role or chief scrum master with coaching, mentoring, and providing guidance to scrum masters and to advance Agile maturity
- Create and execute strategic Agile vision and roadmap, including creation of standard objectives for all Agile practitioners in the organization, in partnership with engineering, business and Agile team internally
- Establish communication plans for Global DAE organization to ensure alignment and understanding of organizational goals and objectives
- Incubate ideas and opportunities to drive efficiency and more consistent operations across the teams including Jira DevOps, CI/CD, communication and collaboration modes (e.g. Wiki, Confluence, SharePoint etc.)
- Key liaison between Finance and Procurement for vendor management and budget
- Collaborates with Data Office senior product leadership, senior architects and Directors in Global DAE to ensure alignment on strategy and execution
- Facilitates interaction and appropriate communication between scrum teams, architecture and business partners and stakeholders
- Removes impediments through provision of appropriate resources, guidance and escalation
- Inspires use of effective Agile (e.g. SAFe) methodologies through program increment planning, retrospectives, etc. for scrum teams, and facilitates delivery of large impact or cross-functional product or strategic initiatives, as needed
- Excellent and graphically advanced communicator, able to work with cross-functional teams and build rapport with DAE leaders and business stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker with strong problem-solving skills and are comfortable contributing and influencing change management while scaling and finding efficiencies.
- Effecitive and strategy partner delivery manager, ensuring monthly reviews (MPRs), SLA management and monitoring
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in technical or business discipline or related experience; Master's Degree preferred.
- Ten (10) or more years hands-on experience leading large strategic and complex management programs with specialization in data/information management
- Two (2) or more years as Scrum Master or coach in Agile team settings
- Two (2) or more years people leadership experience
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with project management principles, PMP certification and agile processes and ceremonies
- Process expertise in developing new processes, process modeling or mapping to optimize or establish new
- Experience with Aptio or other enterprise budgeting, resourcing and project planning tools
- Depth in establishing business-focused and internal team communications plans
- Working knowledge of project management and Agile tools (Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Project)
- Working knowledge of internal corporate collaboration, knowledge management and social media tools (SharePoint, O365, Wiki)
- Expert levels management large external vendor teams (offshore and onshore)
- Expert Financial / budget management experience
- Expert organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Customer/business focus with ability to negotiate, facilitate and build consensus
- Ability to work in a team environment spanning multiple locations and matrixed relationships
- Certified SAFe or PSM I or greater
- Depth in one or more data management areas such as Business Intelligence (BI), Data Science, Data Lake, Data Warehouse or Analytics strongly preferred
- ITIL or other IT operational excellence experience or certifications preferred
- Hands-on experience with IT Release Management processes, RTE strongly preferred
- Change Management experience strong preferred
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.