Senior Field Claim Adjuster, Property - Large Loss
Manages, investigates and resolves assigned high severity Property Loss claims under limited supervision. Provides policyholders with exceptional customer service. May assist Customer Claims Representatives with in-person inspection/policyholder contact where necessary.
Training is a critical component to your success and that success starts with reliable attendance. Attendance and active engagement during training is mandatory
Ideal candidate will live in one of the following areas:
- Western Ohio
- Southern MI
- Investigates, determines coverage of loss and adjusts all elements of Property Loss claims of high severity.
- Conducts inspections of loss sites, writes appraisals for dwelling repairs and issues payment to policyholders where possible.
- May work with a Liberty network contractor in the appraisal process.
- Ability to independently scope high severity losses and/or large losses.
- Works with Liberty network contractor in the appraisal process of claims and participates in re-inspection of Liberty referred contractors.
- Explains coverage of loss, assists policyholders with itemization of damages, emergency repairs and additional living arrangements.
- Works with and may coordinate a number of vendor services such as contractors, emergency repair, cleaning services and various replacement services.
- Identifies suspicious losses.
- Recommends referral to SIU where appropriate and may assist the SIU in their investigation and settling of the claim.
- May be called upon for catastrophe duty, may assist in management of catastrophe operation, Quality Control of Independents used and may trouble shoot problem and high profile cases.
- For Catastrophe (CAT) roles, investigative fieldwork includes a high amount of travel to claim location.
- Assists in the training of property personnel and serves as a technical resource to the office. May assist in the absence of the Claims Team Manager.
- The capabilities, skills and knowledge required is normally acquired through Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of directly related property claims adjusting experience.
- Requires knowledge of coverages provided within various homeowner policies.
- Demonstrated ability to handle claims of the highest complexity and exposure.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively and independently manage workload while exhibiting good judgment.
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills with the ability to work with multi-faceted systems, and analytical skills.
- Completion of advanced property training required.
- Ability to obtain proper licensing as required.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.