Senior Actuarial Analyst
The Home Analytics team within GRM Product Economics conducts critical analyses and provides recommendations to drive profitable growth in the $7B US PL Homeowners line of business. The key responsibilities for this role will be to produce accurate Homeowners indications, determine appropriate peril premium mix, and perform various ad hoc analyses to assess profitability concerns. This is a highly visible role with the opportunity to problem solve, develop line of business expertise, and influence the broader organization. It will require close collaboration with analytical teams throughout the organization and the ability to clearly set and communicate our go-forward LOB strategy. This role will be part of a team of 3 analysts and report to the Home Analytics manager.
- Be the team lead for PL Home new business indications. Challenge existing methodologies and develop new approaches to test and enhance the accuracy of our projections.
- Determine a range of reasonable outcomes given assumption uncertainty and support our pricing selections to Product leadership and stakeholders.
- Regularly monitor profitability performance and manage our opinion of new business health. Assemble conclusions and communicate findings to stakeholders.
- Develop deep understanding of new business profit projections and the NB LR metric itself. Individually and in partnership with teams across the organization, critically examine loss components, perils, and segments to identify areas of concern and trends to incorporate into profitability forecasts.
- Evaluate impacts from new program rollouts and macroeconomic trends such as inflation of housing materials costs.
- Advocate for the Home Product throughout all levels of the organization and serve as a subject matter expert of the line. Partner with relevant teams to discuss key questions and exchange information to best achieve your objectives.
- Proven math and analytical skills, as normally acquired through the pursuit of a bachelors degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or related field.
- Commitment to achieving Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society.
- Passing grades on a minimum of 5 Casualty Actuarial Exams is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience required
- Prior experience and solid knowledge of actuarial techniques and standards, as well as other business operations including financial, underwriting, legal, statistics, claims, sales, etc.
- Solid oral and written and presentation communication skills and ability to interact effectively within and outside the organization.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to motivate and mentor peers and motivate and train subordinates.
- Ability to exercise discretion, and apply independent judgment and well-developed critical thinking skills in execution of assignments and projects.
- Ability to balance multiple projects with minimal direction.
- Advanced computing skills (MS Office Excel, SAS, etc.); Ability to build models of moderate complexity.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.