Senior Director, Technology - GRM US Personal Lines Product & Underwriting Technology
As a Senior Director, you will be responsible for driving technology strategy and software engineering that will further advance our Personal Lines product portfolio and work cross-functionally to enable rapid delivery of the best pricing and underwriting in market. You will partner with business and technology leaders to drive product simplification, technology convergence and best-in-class countrywide rollout cadences.
Putting people first, you will advance our culture of continuous improvement and grow future leaders, inspiring your team to reach new heights of achievement. You will lead the advancement of modern software engineering best practice throughout the organization. By maintaining breadth and depth of perspective, you will bring to bear your knowledge of industry/market trends to grow and sustain a high performing, agile engineering organization. You will be a key member of not only the technology leadership team, but also highly visible to business leadership, to drive implementation of technology solutions and services to meet business strategy and desired outcomes.
About the role:
- Lead, grow and develop a high-performing, diverse engineering organization.
- Partner with business and technology leaders to develop and implement the Personal Lines Technology strategy in alignment with overall company vision & goals.
- Work alongside product owners, architects, and team members to ensure solutions meet the needs of our customers and enable strategic business outcomes.
- Anticipate and manage business and technology evolution, building towards our future.
- Unleash innovation and teamwork by championing a one-team mindset in an environment that values diversity and calculated risk taking.
- Builds and leads the technology staff ensuring appropriate staffing levels, skillsets, and alignment to support business and technology objectives and to manage within the budget.
- Fosters business partnerships with current and potential vendors, IT executives, and business partners, develops relationships that promote trust and increases efficiency and effectiveness, balances individual customer needs and business priorities assuring alignment with the business strategies and objectives.
- Develop and maintain a network of industry contacts, direct research on industry trends, competitors, business, and technology products; analyze trends and make strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Determines and manages budget, staffing strategy, and plan consistent with the needs of the department.
- Sets department vision and direction in coordination with Sr. Executives and motivates and manages staff to achieve results.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in technical or business discipline or related experience; Master's Degree preferred
- Generally, a minimum of 15 years related experience with 5 years in leadership role desirable
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies and their application to business opportunities
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives, and strategies
- In-depth knowledge of project planning methodologies and tools and IT standards and guidelines
- Advanced knowledge of management concepts, practices, and techniques
- Ability to promote a team environment consisting of several teams
- Highly developed negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Change leader who is customer focused and translates vision into actionable deliverables.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.