Senior Cloud Architect
Responsible for establishing and providing leadership to the technology strategy and technology roadmaps, as well as product recommendations that enable the business. Works closely with Solutions Engineers and teams on engineering choices and how they align to enterprise engineering/architecture vision. Designs, develops and maintains the enterprise methodologies and techniques, including standards and guidelines for enterprise-wide use in technical management and systems of process development. Develops specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings. Provides technical oversight and architecture/engineering solutions to large, strategic, complex system and application development projects, usually at the product level. Uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters. Recognized as a thought leader within discipline who influences decisions made by senior leadership and advances the craft of architecture and engineering within our organization.
- Establishes and leads the technology strategy and technology roadmaps that enable the business, usually for a product or group of products that align with technical architecture, the customers business plans and long term strategy.
- Provides consultation and collaborates with technology leaders, business partners and peer groups regarding long and short range product features.
- Provides oversight at the portfolio level influencing decision making and prioritizing the business and architecture backlog for the programs and teams.
- Designs and develops architecture (integrated process, methodology, framework, software/applications, data, information, and technology) scalable solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards.
- Partners with the Product Owners and engineering teams to align the technical design and strategy with the product roadmap.
- Responsible for prototyping complex, cross platform business solutions to validate newer technologies.
- Reviews and ensures major architectural designs are consistent, maintainable, flexible and cost effective solutions.
- Participates with application and infrastructure design architects to provide guidance for development and releases.
- Consults with engineering teams on major architectural designs for product roadmap to ensure consistency, security, maintainability and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architectures within a domain or portfolio.
- Maintains collaborative and strategic partnerships between customers, vendors, business partners, and technology teams.
- Remains hands on with architecture and engineering activities and is deeply embedded in the role of technology.
- Acknowledged as expert in field by colleagues and customers.
- Mentors staff to develop technical engineering capabilities.
- Shares expertise ensuring that teams are continuously improving and learning together to meet current and future engineering needs.
- Shares engineering knowledge and expertise across the organization and industry through networks, events and communities of practice.
- Demonstrated through publication and speaking engagements or other indicators of external industry recognition of expertise.
- Advanced knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- 10 plus years of related experience.
- Extensive experience in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- In depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles.
- In depth understanding of layered solutions and designs; in depth understanding of shared software concepts and product features, as well as security minded.
- Extensive knowledge of all product and system components of technical architecture.
- In depth knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies; in depth understanding of global business and technology trends and the financial services industry.
- Strong influencing and consensus building skills, and the adaptability to respond to change quickly.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization with diverse backgrounds.
- Proven experience with agile practices and expectations.
- Strong desire to drive change, and ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Strong consulting skills (relevant/technical); recognized as a thought leader within the company.
- Ability to balance the long-term big picture and short term implications of decisions.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.