Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$52,200.00 - $86,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Under direct supervision, the Procurement Business Systems Specialist is responsible for/involved in specific aspects of the Ariba Procure to Pay initiatives. This role will be responsible for supporting Ariba Procure to Pay functions including supplier enablement, catalog management and maintenance, invoice exception processing and various other downstream support efforts within the Ariba solution. Additional responsibilities may include: evaluation of system enhancement requests, requirements development and documentation, testing and implementation; production support/troubleshooting, maintenance of system documentation, training, responding to customer concerns and communicating results. The Business Systems Specialist possesses knowledge of a particular business capability, product, and/or system domain, preferably SAP Ariba Spend Management solution or other procurement applications. This job does not lead others.
What Will You Do?
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Production support/troubleshooting:
- Assists in troubleshooting and defect resolution of assigned tasks. May include requesting resources, migration through environments and ticket management.
- Effectively communicates status of enhancements, change requests and defects.
- May execute change, defect and enhancement request process.
- Documentation and Training:
- Maintains documentation of current state systems and processes.
- May assist in development of training materials and business implementation/transition activities.
- May make recommendations for operational process improvements and/or system enhancements.
- May assist in eliciting, documenting and validating requirements for change requests and enhancements to capabilities, products or systems.
- Helps identify appropriate subject matter experts and stakeholders to participate in requirements sessions.
- Utilizes business and system knowledge to support business needs.
- Applies knowledge of a particular business capability, product and/or system domain to assess and communicate impacts of changes to current state business process, products, data, feeds and systems.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelors degree in Business, MIS, or other related field preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience supporting business technology systems preferred.
- Business Perspective (Basic): Uses knowledge of internal and external factors impacting the procurement operations area to make decisions.
- Technology (Basic): Uses, leverages, and maintains proficiency with corporate and job specific technology as it evolves (e.g., hardware, software, business unit applications and systems tools).
- Analytical Thinking (Introductory): Identifies current or future problems or opportunities, analyzes, synthesize and compares information to understand issues, identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
- Relationship Management (Introductory): Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
- Communication (Introductory): Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Facilitation (Introductory): Uses and adjusts style and technique to assist group process and understanding.
- Teamwork (Introductory): Works together in situations when actions are interdependent and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
- Conflict Management (Introductory): Brings conflicts into the open and resolves them collaboratively.
- Change Management / Resilience (Basic): Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
What is a Must Have?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.