Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$121,800.00 - $200,900.00
What Is the Opportunity?In Business Insurance Analytics & Research, we deliver tailored analytics, data solutions and innovative data science solutions that influence decisions and enable superior results. We have an inclusive culture where everyone feels that they belong, can be authentic, are valued, respected, empowered and part of our success. We see strength in the uniqueness that each of us contributes to creating innovative solutions and improving business outcomes.
Travelers BI Analytics & Research Data Engineering team constructs pipelines that contextualize and provide easy access to data by the entire enterprise. As a Data Engineering Director you will accelerate growth and transformation of our analytics landscape. In this role, you will lead teams designing and building data solutions that capture, explore, transform and utilize data to support Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and business intelligence/insights. In addition to ingesting data from multiple sources and relaying information to relevant partners, you will also mentor and develop a small team of data engineers. This position will be leading data initiatives for Auto Business and Third Party Data.
What Will You Do?
- Lead development of analytic data products, including pilots and proof of concepts.
- Lead development of complex datasets to serve auto business use cases involving pricing, benchmark, compliance and other adhoc requests.
- Develop and execute data strategies with an understanding of enterprise architecture, consumption patterns, platforms and application infrastructure.
- Manage the operationalizing and automating of all capabilities to ensure secure, supported and scalable solutions.
- Present analysis and recommendations to help influence management decisions.
- Guide and coach team members to accelerate career development.
- Establish team processes and procedures.
- Maintain relationships with partner teams to ensure needs are met and impacted areas plan work accordingly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM related field or equivalent
- Five or more years of related experience
- Two or more years of management experience
- Advanced knowledge of data tools, techniques, and manipulation including cloud platforms, programming languages, and technology platforms.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training with data tools, techniques, and manipulation.
- Five years of data engineering or equivalent experience
- Programming Languages: Python, Spark, SQL, Hive
- Cloud Platforms: AWS (Preferred), Azure, GCP
- Database: Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server
- Preferred Skills:
- DataBricks, Snowflake
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.