Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$57,000.00 - $94,000.00
What Is the Opportunity?In Business Insurance Actuarial and Analytics, we deliver tailored analytics and innovative data science solutions that influence decisions and enable superior results. We have an inclusive culture where everyone feels that they belong, can be authentic, are valued, respected, empowered and part of our success. We see strength in the uniqueness that each of us contributes to creating innovative solutions and improving business outcomes.
To maintain compliance with the state regulatory requirements, insurance carriers are obligated to provide detailed information to statistical agents who aggregate the information across member carriers and submit summary Statistical Reports by line of business and state to individual departments of insurance. In this role, you will help to ensure data is properly managed and leveraged from sources to ensure delivery of data in the most efficient and effective way. This data must satisfy the requirements of state statistical bureaus.
You will be trained to assist in the reporting of policy, premium, coverage, and loss information to our statistical agents. This includes understanding reporting requirements, setting requirements for securing and normalizing information from source systems, responding to changes in reporting requirements and to changes or additions to our products to ensure continued compliance with reporting requirements. This also includes analysis of reporting errors, correcting reporting errors and determining the root cause of errors.
This position performs under general supervision and leverages technology and analytics skills to apply basic data analysis practices. The role works with the other team members and with IT support to make adjustments to the statistical reporting process where necessary. This job does not lead others.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Ensures consistency, accuracy, timeliness, validity and completeness of data
- Assists in implementation of processes to promote data quality for business purposes
- Performs intermediate data profiling and analysis; communicates results in support of data quality processes.
- Meets with business customers to understand and apply business data requirements and specifications
- Implements, executes and documents data management policies, standards and best practices
- Consults with business partners on the submission and review of any governance artifacts
- Applies basic understanding of overall data models, data relationships, mapping lineage and business rules
- Participates in the creation of data models (e.g. entity design and population)
- Performs testing and validation of business requirements.
- Creates detailed test strategies and test plans.
- Performs Intermediate root cause analysis and resolution of business data issues
Metadata Mgmt/ Data Catalog:
- Applies appropriate policies in documenting and updating metadata
- Performing intermediate metadata documentation, data lineage, data transformation rules in support of key program deliverables.
- Assists in populating metadata repositories
- Understand who the data stewards are and their purpose
- Leverage them as appropriate
- Ensures data and information are handled in accordance with established laws, regulations and policies.
- Embodies and promotes the Travelers data culture values
- Uses tools, processes and workflows to capture knowledge, find information and maintain its relevance
- Actively promotes a knowledge sharing culture
- Participates in the maintenance and governance of taxonomies and ensures its applicability to content and/or data
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Technical Knowledge:
- Bachelors degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Intermediate knowledge of Data Management tools, techniques and programing languages
- Demonstrates understanding of relationship between data and business rules and functions
- Experience with Data Profiling & Data Quality
- 3 years of data management or relevant analytics experience
- IDMA or DAMA Certifications
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelors degree or 1 year of equivalent data and analytics experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.