Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$104,600.00 - $172,500.00
What Is the Opportunity?As an Architect, you will work across Claim Technology and the Enterprise to inform and execute on target state for the Claim Unit of a global, Dow 30 company. This position is within the Information Architecture team and works to define strategic changes to the Claim data environment, provide architectural direction for building data solutions, and perform data modeling and design on projects.
The role will expose you to the wider role of Information Architecture across Data Management, Information Integration, the Analytics space, and emerging trends and technologies. This is a new position and an exciting opportunity for a Data Architect to join a highly skilled team that supports a dynamic and challenging environment and leverages initiatives both in the legacy and strategic space.
You will be a dedicated contributor to senior Technology and Business leaders as they define a target state, roadmaps, and identify new and emerging technologies that will transform and optimize the business. As a successful candidate, you have an established track record of informing high-quality enterprise solutions. You are a person of high integrity, who believes in challenging the status quo when needed, while always first seeking to understand.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
What Will You Do?
- Architecture responsibility within a major segment of Technology Architecture in support of the Claim business unit
- Leads technology proof of concepts to ensure feasibility of architecture solutions
- Hands-on prototyping of new technology solutions
- Partner with Software Engineering to execute proof of technologies
- Displays strong thought leadership in pursuit of modern architecture principals and technology modernization
- Drives continuous technology transformation to minimize technical debt
- Looks for opportunities to capitalize on technology advances through analysis of key industry and technology trends to assess potential impact on the enterprise
- Participates in defining target state technology architecture and roadmaps
- Ensures alignment of IT initiatives with the target state
- Builds strong partnership with engineering to ensure proper alignment of skills with technology direction
- Continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of the architecture
- Analyze business, data and systems requirements in order to perform data modeling and design (high level conceptual business/data models, entity-relationship and dimensional logical data models, and detailed physical database design models).
- Conduct the data model review both for the project team and for cross project data architecture review.
- Collaborate with colleagues within the domain architecture team to provide technical design guidance that aligns with the enterprise architecture vision and applicable technical standards.
- Responsible for the consistency of data design across projects by adhering to standards, following roadmaps and implementing strategic initiatives while ensuring data governance reviews are completed.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the project team in the information space: data models, data mapping, reporting analysis and impact.
- Recommend improvements to existing data design and data flows.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of data principles, standards and guidelines that define best practices in the information domain and guide data architecture and design decisions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's in technology related field or equivalent with 4+ years of technology Engineering experience
- Organizational experience in an agile operating model
- Established work in proof of concepts and technology
- Strong proven Software Engineering experience
- Expertise with application system design and implementation, data warehousing principles and methodologies.
- Experience with data modeling tools such as Erwin or Hackolade
- SQL/ SQLPlus knowledge
- Supports technology target state, roadmaps that aligned to Short- and Long-term business goals
- Insurance technology experience desired
- Strong grasp of value creation and business capability models
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Must be passionate about technology transformations
- Has hands on experience in the last 3 years
- Executed technology modernization initiatives including migration to cloud native and API Strategy
- Current experience with AWS, APIs, accelerators, DevSecOps
- Cloud Architecture Certification (AWS, GCP, or Azure) or strong architecture experience on Cloud
- Good understanding of security
- Experienced with large scale technology platforms
- Hands on experience with data technologies on cloud
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- Five years of experience in engineering software or analytic applications within a line of business area
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.