Building Maintenance Engineer II
American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
Building Maintenance Engineer II
Operating engineer jobs ensure maintenance functions smoothly from a variety of components related to the building. Primarily, this means to handle and oversee the operation and maintenance of building systems at a specified location, including but not limited to HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, process controls, property equipment, etc.
- Makes material orders from vendors for all needed maintenance, equipment installation and repairs, and maintains an inventory.
- Evaluates any arising problems (current or that may have occurred the night before) and resolves problems accordingly with assistance and/or supervision, as needed.
- Checks operations on building pumps, air handlers and all related HYAC systems, scheduling repairs and/or maintenance as needed.
- Performs plumbing, electrical, HVAC and miscellaneous troubleshooting and repairs.
- Performs routine operational maintenance on equipment including start-up and shutdown procedures.
- Performs preventative maintenance work on equipment assigned.
- Demonstrates on-call responsibilities on a rotating basis and assists in storm preparation.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Four to six years of experience.
- Clean driver's license.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Respond to emergency alarms for fire and security from call list which also includes other facilities personnel, during both regular business hours and after hours.
- Second grade engineer license preferred.
- Systems Maintenance Technician (SMT) designation or equivalent preferred.
- Systems Maintenance Administrator (SMA) designation or equivalent preferred.
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the job qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this position or other opportunities at American National.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.