Morris & Boyle, an Alera Insurance Agency is looking to hire an Remote Life Insurance Assistant Underwriter to join our team! This is a remote position but the Remote Life Insurance Assistant Underwriter must be able to commute to our Walnut Creek, California office on occassion.
Alera Group is an independent, national insurance and financial services firm created in 2016 through a merger of 24 like-minded, high-performing, entrepreneurial firms. Our founding firms worked together to leverage powerful relationships, industry expertise and resources with the goal of elevating the client experience.
Are you looking to be part of a company where you have exciting opportunities to learn, grow and make a positive impact? Join a team where each employee is empowered to listen generously, speak straight, collaborate, and build each other up through mutual accountability and shared success?
If that is what you're looking for, this is your chance to be part of an amazing organization!Responsibilities
- Follow the underwriting implementation standard operating process as outlined by the Director, New Business Underwriting.
- Efficiently manage the submission of individual insurance applications as requested by the Director.
- Reconcile outstanding pending case requirements and requests for additional information with agents.
- Schedule medical examinations, inspection reports/MVR, and order medical records.
- Advocate and negotiate with life insurance carriers on informal and formal offers.
- Set proper expectations with our valued customers regarding pending case requirements, timelines, etc.
- Communicate via email and phone to carriers, staff, and customers in conjunction with supporting their various cases.
- Policy delivery, to include a checklist, policy audit, scan, cover letter preparation, etc.
- Utilize a web-based document management system to organize, manage and transmit documents.
- Ensure the company database is kept current.
- Generate weekly status reports for management, agents, and others as needed.
- Experience in life insurance, banking, or finance preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- At least 5 year's of professional office work experience required.
- Must have excellent computer skills and great typing skills – Office 365, previous Database usage, etc.
- Solution driven.
- Ability to see an overall picture.
- Can learn/follow steps set out for processes.
- Can discern patterns.
- Detail oriented.
- Great interpersonal skills (in many areas we work with other vendors, carriers, needs to be able to build relationships).
- Tenacity (for medical records & getting decisions).
- Not afraid to get on the phone and make calls.
- Flexible schedule.
- Must reside locally in California and be able to commute to our Walnut Creek, CA office on a need to basis.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.