Analyst, Product Research/Analyst I, Data Science (remote)
The Product Design and Modeling team is hiring an individual contributor to work on predictive modeling for our core programs. The Individual Contributor role will report to the Safeco Auto Design manager, but also have opportunities to work on projects across personal and business lines as well as globally in partnership with the East & West Design team.
- Build complex loss cost models for Safeco Auto products to drive pricing and non-pricing sophistication
- Work with massive amounts of data (e.g., 200 million records for our Liberty-brand Auto product) to build sophisticated models
- Collaborate with Product Delivery, State, and other teams to help implement new pricing programs including supporting material and responding to DOI objections
The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level.
Please Note: This is a remote opportunity with compensation dependent on candidate's geographic location, overall experience, and skill level.
- Data extraction and manipulation skills, EDA, transformations, and general linear models (GLM); preferred skills of GLM
- Foundational knowledge of predictive analytics tools
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely
- Has a value driven perspective with regard to understanding of work context and impact
- Competencies typically acquired through a Master`s degree (in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Actuarial Science or other scientific field of study) and no professional experience or may be acquired through a Bachelor`s degree and 2/3+ years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills with solid understanding of predictive modeling concepts and techniques. Advanced skills in statistical software packages (e.g., R, SAS, and Emblem) desired
- Strong knowledge of insurance operations and the procedures of Financial, Underwriting, Claims, Statistical, Information Technology, Legal, and Sales departments
- High-level knowledge of data sources, tools, and the business (lines, systems, pricing plans), predictive modeling, and code (e.g., Python, SQL) preferred
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.