Senior Analyst, Product Analysis
Are you looking for a role where you can have a transformational impact?
As a senior analyst or consultant for our Global Retail Markets (GRM) Underwriting Data Accuracy team, you will be responsible for analytical work that helps improve and sustain the accuracy of information used as an input to Personal Lines underwriting and pricing decisions. In this position, you will play a critical role in advancing our data accuracy programs for our Personal Lines product offerings. This includes collaborating with diverse project teams to launch initiatives geared at achieving our goal of right rate for risk. It also includes building processes and monitoring to identify new opportunities to improve point-of-sale and in-force accuracy and measuring the impact of the actions we take.
As a part of the GRM Underwriting Data Accuracy Team, you will have the overall goal of providing analytical and technical support that enhances data accuracy monitoring and performance management. You will also identify and drive strategic opportunities to propel us to best-in-class information quality, which will maximize the value of multi-year Personal Lines underwriting and pricing sophistication efforts. Additionally, you will work cross-functionally with other Product and Distribution teams and present proposed or completed recommendations to senior leaders in the organization. In this role you will report to the Director, Product Analysis (Personal Lines) within the Underwriting Data Accuracy team.
**This is a ranged posting (Grade 15: Sr Analyst. Grade 16: Consultant). Position offered will be at manager discretion based on candidate skills and experience.**
- Analytically evaluate opportunities and potential solutions to improve data accuracy results, and work with minimal supervision to implement those solutions.
- Partner with other teams to transform, optimize, and standardize data accuracy monitoring and data processes, enabling the team to develop and maintain innovative reporting solutions to assess data accuracy performance.
- Embody an action-oriented approach to solving the highest priority business problems and work with partner teams to creatively develop short and long term solutions that leverage different assets, such as third party data.
- Independently lead assigned strategic projects aimed at improving information quality and rate pursuit initiatives, and execute to deliver results on task, on time, and on budget.
- Collaborate with team leader on communication and knowledge sharing initiatives across the GRM Personal Lines organization, engaging with Distribution and Product partners to gain alignment.
- Drive operational improvements across the organization, and promote a positive, collaborative culture around data accuracy amidst competing priorities.
- Query data to evaluate key data accuracy metrics, answer business questions from a variety of stakeholders, and build advanced tools and reports for others to use.
- Present analyses and recommendations to senior leadership and other cross-functional partners in a manner that translates complex work into an intuitive, digestible, and actionable story with an appropriate level of detail.
- Explore and assess industry developments related to data accuracy and underwriting to ensure that the team remains aware of best-in-class practices.
- Mentor, formally and informally, by becoming a subject matter expert for other analysts across Product Management and provide basic analytical coaching to less experienced analysts.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Intermediate or stronger use with SAS and/or SQL.
- Experience in insurance industry.
- Analytic analysis experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, or other quantitative field. Minimum 3 years, typically 4 years or more of relevant work experience.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and data analysis software (e.g., SAS, Access).
- Must have good planning, organizational, analytical, decision making and communication skills.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.