Senior Consultant - Equipment Breakdown, Risk Control
Advance your career Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your degree in the business world? Then Liberty Mutual's Equipment Breakdown Risk Control group might be right for you. Our Equipment Breakdown Risk Control team works closely with our customers to help them identify, quantify, mitigate, or eliminate serious threats to their businesses. In the process, we help fulfill Liberty Mutual's mission of helping people live safer, more secure lives.
Liberty Mutual is currently hiring an Equipment Breakdown Risk Control Consultant to provide jurisdictionally required inspections and other services to an assigned group of customers.
This role is being offered 100% remote in the territory.
Reporting to the Equipment Breakdown Engineering Manager, you will:
- Perform jurisdictional inspections on boilers and pressure vessels within assigned territory and report findings to the authority having jurisdiction and other interested parties. Support underwriters with risk assessment account reviews and serve as a technical resource to field claim adjusters
- Conduct extensive research and data collection which helps to identify customer's source of risk, loss and costs. Compiles facts from on-site visits and various reports and databases to assess existing processes/practices, determine severity/frequency of problems, and identify needs. Assesses and benchmarks customers performance against internal and industry standards.
- Interpret and analyze data to determine best course of action and/or solution that satisfies customer's risk service's needs. Utilize advanced software applications to help find innovative and cost-effective solutions to customers risk service's needs. Conduct cost-benefit analysis to determine how and when a recommended improvement at customers' facility/operation will pay off. Investigate cause and effect relationships.
- Prepare technical reports which reports and evaluates data.
- Organize data into a format which can easily be presented to customer. Prepare and present reports which outline action plan for improved practices and/or changing workforce cultures/behaviors.
- Maintain effective partnerships with customers. Learn about customer's business in order to identify risk management objectives and needs. Ensure accurate and concise communication and mutual understanding with customers. Keep customers informed of status of services, support material available and outside resources relevant to identify customers' safety concerns.
- Participate in training and development of customers. Oversee implementation of program(s). Provides technical support to assist with implementation of recommendations/actions plans. Counsel customers regarding technical issues.
- Actively pursues professional development efforts to better meet customer expectations.
- May actively participate in acquiring new business by following up on leads and presenting proposals to potential customers.
- National Board Commission preferred.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in boiler and pressure vessel inspections, service planning and delivery, risk assessment, risk analysis, solutions management and progress measurement. Fully effective interpersonal, writing and other communication skills required to develop and maintain relationships with customers, peers, and industry contacts.
- Strong communication and listening skills in order to develop and maintain relationships with customers.
- Proven ability in advance level research, evaluation and analysis functions.
- Proven ability to deal with all levels of an organization.
- Effective leadership qualities.
- Maintains advanced level of understanding loss prevention products, services and operations within realm of responsibility.
- Successful demonstration of technical skills in areas of risk assessment, risk analysis, solutions management and progress measurement.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with coursework in mathematics and engineering or related area, plus a minimum of 3 years of directly related consulting experience.
- Previous experience applicable to loss prevention may be substituted for lack of formal education or advanced degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience.
- Master's degree, designation(s) or certification(s) preferred.
- Ability to work closely with Claims and Underwriting.
- Position requires regular travel.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.