Project Manager, Innovation
As the Project Manager of Innovation, you will be part of a growing team of intellectually curious and highly motivated individuals that work cross-functionally to generate, develop, and prioritize transformational innovations that scale and create real, measurable business impact. Based on strong understanding of how competitor actions impact marketplace, distribution channel, and customers, you will design and conduct in depth research utilizing various sources to inform innovation priorities. With minimal supervision, you will lead innovation projects from ideation to business case development working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages the innovation pipeline, overseeing the process of idea generation, prioritization, and business case development and execution plan
- Designs and conducts the development, implementation, and execution of multiple strategic research efforts leveraging various sources of information (e.g., customer insights, competitive intelligence, industry trends, external engagements) to inform innovation opportunities and priorities
- Develops and manages the business case for multiple high-value, transformational innovation opportunities in partnership with business and functional stakeholders
- Presents findings and recommendations to senior leadership and gains buy in for actionable business plans that address complex business problems
- Partners with senior management, strategy leaders and strategic planning team in executing objectives and expanding the business by providing industry intelligence and analysis
- Leads cross-functional and business unit innovation efforts with a goal of increasing connectivity, information sharing, and collaboration as well as fostering a culture of innovation
- Works collaboratively with other team members and cross-functional stakeholders to drive priorities forward
- Solid critical thinking skills and ability to swift through large amounts of ambiguous information and surface key themes insights; comfortable with ambiguity and continuously changing priorities
- Results oriented and self-starter leverages internal and external sources of information to inform direction of the work, develop and articulate a point of view, and proactively address headwinds
- Problem solver quickly understands complex issues and synthesizes large amounts of information to drive strategic decision-making effectively and efficiently
- A continuous learner driven and motivated by learning and developing new skills
- Executive presence and influencing skills
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, innovation or similar field
- Minimum 4 years, typically 6 years or more of relevant work experience
- Master's degree preferred
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and analysis
- Must have good planning, organizational, analytical, decision making and communication skills
- Experience directly managing others beneficial
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.