Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
Senior Cybersecurity Engineer - Perimeter
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Right now, we have an opportunity for a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer to join our Global Network Communications Perimeter Team.
As Liberty Mutual continues to strengthen its leadership position in the Industry, we have launched new programs to advance our customer focused cutting edge technology to increase our competitive advantage.
About the job:
You will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge security solutions that are located within Liberty Mutual Perimeter and Application Security teams. Our Cybersecurity Engineers are responsible for designing, implementing, managing, and monitoring the overall security posture of the organization.
We partner with teams across the company to continually optimize our perimeter security posture while maintaining a hyper focus on the reliability and stability of our business environments.
Applicant will design, build, configuration, deployment, and support the Firewall, Intrusion Detection, and Infrastructure Automation technologies.
- Support perimeter initiatives requiring innovation, automation, and integration in the various clouds (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Design, build, configure, deploy and support of Palo Alto, Juniper, NSG, Azure, AWS and GCP Firewalls, IDP and Infrastructure Automation technologies.
- Understanding on premise and cloud perimeter Firewall and IDP technologies.
- This customer focused role supports security operations that includes incidents, service delivery, technology configuration and lifecycle, planning (road mapping) and technical security investigations and forensic collection.
- Be a member of an agile team focused on analysis, system design, documentation, testing, implementation and support for highly complex security operations and processes.
- Support security projects or sub-projects of the perimeter and application security team.
- Use decision making behaviors that require analytical, interpretative, and creative thinking that may not conform to established patterns to solve security problems.
- Provides consultation on technology to address security gaps which enable business processes.
- Experience with load balancing technologies
- Experience with Development and Automation tools including: Python and VUE.Js
- Experience with Cyber Security Technologies
- Common Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, S3, Google Cloud)
- Experience in developing and using Source Code Version Control Systems like Git or Subversion, including branching, merging, and managing code releases/versions.
- Developing end to end applications in a fully scaled Agile environment
- A degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or a related qualification.
- 5+ years of work experience with cyber security industry with strong backgrounds in firewalls, intrusion detection, infrastructure automation and cloud, information, and monitoring security technologies.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment with an automation first growth mindset.
- Proficiency in dimensional and lateral thinking, application delivery, system and technology integration, system software infrastructure, and workplace adaptability.
- Intermediate to strong knowledge of the industry clouds (AWS, Azure and GCP) with emphasis on perimeter technologies.
- Intermediate to strong knowledge of the industry firewall (Palo Alto, Juniper, VMC) with emphasis on perimeter technologies.
- Experience with automation and process improvement methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of fiduciary responsibilities (finance, forecasting, and budgeting).
- Should have experience with logging and monitoring tools such as Splunk or other logging tools.
- Should have strong presentation and communication skills for an audience of peers, management, and senior management to include C level leadership.
- Expert experience in analytical thought and troubleshooting skills
- Off Hours works is mandatory as necessary.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.