Sr Analyst, Product Research, Delivery Portfolio Management
GRM Product Delivery is looking for a PL Portfolio Analyst with the Program Management Team this analyst role will focus on managing our intake and prioritization processes for new Product requests. Duties include triage and management of new project requests, maintaining transparent communications with stakeholders on prioritization progress, and facilitating required discussions in tradeoffs with appropriate decision makers. Additionally, this role will help to maintain extensive backlogs and insight into the broad PL Product Portfolio via reporting and supporting leadership requests as we consider new strategic priorities and periodic re-balancing of our resources, with an eye towards continuous improvement and efficiency in our tools and processes.
Under limited supervision, performs complex research and analysis in order to monitor competition and support business operations according to project plan. Assists in the analysis of pricing and rate levels. May oversee projects that are complex and require greater expertise, typically for higher volume regions.
*This is a grade 13-15 range posting (G13 - Analyst, G15 - Sr Analyst) and level will be determined by the Hiring Manager based on individual experience
- Under general direction, assists in the analysis of the company's pricing posture and the development of rate level recommendations.
- Evaluates loss experience for assigned states and/or region, performs trend analysis and forecasts losses and premiums based on current levels.
- Consults with underwriting, claims and sales management to keep field abreast of changes.
- Guides the coordination of underwriting manual update process.
- Works with Regional Management and Analysts to process their requests for updates to underwriting manual.
- Responsible for the revision and implementation of underwriting guidelines, rules and procedures.
- Coordinates multiple Home Office projects to maintain state and countrywide compliance law changes and updates.
- Uses various resources to compile information and develops recommendations to address problems/issues.
- Coordinates the state review process from beginning to end.
- Gathers information and conducts analysis in support of state filings of rate changes, including the compilation of documents required/requested by the Department of Insurance.
- Responsible for reviewing the accuracy of rates and exhibits submitted by the State Filings Group.
- Works with Product Manager and State Teams in validating and updating Product Guides.
- Works with IT partners to ensure that filed rates are implemented in our system.
- Responsible for answering underwriting rule questions from the field or HO offices.
- Works closely with Regional Management and Portfolio Manager.
- Researches questions regarding coverage, products and competition. Provides recommendations of means to surpass competition.
- Conducts analysis and creates reports to help improve the profitability of business.
- Typically participates in projects that have a larger in scope (i.e. countrywide).
- May supervise or mentor junior analysts.
- May execute various tasks as needed to support the unit.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics or Insurance preferred; or equivalent experience
- Approx 5 or more years related work experience
- Knowledge of insurance principles and concepts required
- Advanced analytical/problem solving and research skills
- Effective communication skills for writing reports/proposals and making presentations
- Ability to work independently and lead others during projects
- Knowledge of the business practices and processes
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and data base software
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.