Solutions Engineer, Software
DAre you looking for an opportunity where you can play a key role helping to guide and foster the transformation of one of the largest industries in the world?
Do you believe that building trust through empathy and openness is essential to success in the evolving digital landscape?
Are you able to lead discussions with engineers, managers, and product owners to build consensus?
If this describes you, then we would love to tell you more about the Solutions Engineer role supporting the core services of our engineering enablement platform within Liberty Mutual Insurance Global Digital Services.
About the role:
- Lead key aspects of the CloudForge engineering platform by guiding product teams to deliver the best in class developer experience through modern CI/CD pipelines.
- Drive the planning and execution of our foundational data model and supporting integration APIs by ensuring customer centric API design and discipline, and implementation of a serverless architecture to support the API.
- With a strong foundation and years of enabling engineers to accelerate delivery, we are looking for a Solutions Engineer that can help lead our next evolution of optimizing the way technology delivers across Liberty Mutual.
- Partner with IT and product leadership to identify problems, and opportunities for technology innovation.
- Help establish a clear, consistent technology vision through collaboration, influence, and enablement.
- Research, recommend, design and develop systems and cloud-based application solutions to support the CloudForge engineering enablement platform.
- Stay informed on initiatives across the industry and the enterprise to help product owners and IT leadership effectively prioritize.
- Tailor communication and convey complex ideas in a concise manner to a diverse set of audiences and venues.
- Identify and assess the organizational impact of enterprise architecture and standards, including change in skills, processes and structures.
- Accelerate delivery by forming a network of positive relationships with vendors, and other influencers within the enterprise and beyond.
- Mentor associate engineers and senior leadership alike. Inspire and partner with other senior technical individual contributors.
- Ten years of related software engineering experience
- A comprehensive understanding of agile environments
- Extensive knowledge of contemporary frameworks and emerging technologies
- A history of practicing DevOps and SecOps
- A strong background in business operations and strategies, including knowledge of global business, technology trends and the financial services industry
- Solid negotiation, facilitation, consensus building and influencing capabilities
- Ability to identify patterns and problems across teams and deliver effective solutions
- Openness and adaptability to respond to fast-moving circumstances
- A design thinking and test-driven development mindset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and an aptitude for working in teams
- Experience developing or architecting cloud-hosted, responsive web applications using Java, HTML5 and CSSS3
- Strong background in code review
- Familiarity with event-based System of Engagement architectures and integration with API exposing microservices
- Deep understanding of layered solutions and designs
- Cognizance of security concerns, from access control and authentication to secured SDLC processes
- Understanding of DCI/MDM systems, data ingestion and cloud-scale data sets
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.