Complex GL / Construction Defect Adjuster
Complex GL/Construction Defect Adjuster: National Casualty Experience
Gramercy Risk Management is an expanding insurance services firm headquartered in Uniondale, New York with an additional office in Manhattan. We are currently seeking a dynamic and professional person, to assist in the handling of complex GL/Construction Defect claims nationally. Ideal candidate must have diverse claims handling experience. The candidate must possess technical knowledge, legal insight, accuracy, responsiveness and display a high degree of customer service. We seek a claims professional who can effectively work as part of a highly skilled claims team and insurance organization. The successful candidate must be able to adjust claims while providing insight and analysis of claim exposures to management and our other client partners. The applicant must be an effective verbal and written communicator and work well in a team environment. The candidate must be agile, effective at priority setting, willing to travel to attend mediations and court-related matters, and one who excels at interaction with internal and external customers, underwriter peers and management.
- Direct handling of a complex Construction Defect portfolio across multiple states
- Identify coverage issues for further review by management and/or external counsel
- Communicate appropriate responses to leadership and underwriters on new losses
- Manage counsel where assigned; develop and execute strategy to control expenses and resolve litigated claims when requested
- Establish appropriate reserves
- Provide written assessments on loss trends and high exposure cases
- Ensure that all claim information is reviewed and accurately and timely recorded
- Proactively manage correspondence and claim files and maintain a current diary in compliance with company standards
- Effectively represent the client’s interests in meetings and negotiations
- Maintain a high level of claim and industry related expertise in order to ensure technical competency and communicate to team members regarding significant issues and relevant
- 2 to 5 plus years complex casualty/Construction Defect adjusting experience
- New York Adjuster License Required. Multiple state licenses a plus.
- Experience in CA, CO, FL, NJ, NY, WA, OR, SC and TX CD handling
- Insurance-related professional designations/education such as CPCU, a plus
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills. Ability to present claims to management and clients is required.
- Specifically, the candidate must have the ability to assess coverage and tender demands or opportunities to seek risk transfer to other entities; oversee and evaluate claim files for best outcomes; pursue and assess underlying policy limit/SIRs for reserving; audit underlying claim files; and resolve claims, often at mediation.
- Ability to establish close working relationship with the underwriting team
- Strong ability to prioritize and work independently, self-starter and a team player
GRAMERCY RISK MANAGEMENT
Gramercy Risk is a rapidly growing New York-based management company focused on providing insurance services for specialty classes of business. We take pride in our comprehensive and integrated approach to analyzing and managing risk. Gramercy has extensive in-house experience in the areas of claims and litigation management risk control and risk management, regulatory and compliance, underwriting, coverage analyses and business management.
The compensation package includes salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefit package, and generous PTO.
Apply for Complex GL / Construction Defect Adjuster
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly