Sr. Actuarial Analyst/ Actuary - Commercial Lines
The Pricing Support Team within GRS Actuarial is seeking a Senior Actuarial Analyst/Actuary to help improve current and develop new metrics that is used to help management make business decisions. The team is responsible for the GRS business monitoring metrics including but not limited to rate change and retention across GRS. In this role, the candidate will have opportunity to work closely with various departments, including finance, capital modeling, underwriting, actuaries, etc.
- Coordinate with local actuarial and underwriting to improve the quality, completeness, and consistency of business monitoring metrics.
- Develop additional metrics which will provide new insights related to production and profitability goals.
- Review/research of technical and rate change methodologies across GRS, present findings, and recommendations.
- Assist regional actuarial/UW teams in helping develop rate change guidance and improvements to rate change calculations in raters.
- Support rate change recommendations that go into pricing/reserving studies.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity to identify rate change trends, potential issues, and their underlying causes.
- Provide clear and concise communication of technical actuarial work to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Conduct industry/competitor reviews as needed.
- Assist with other wider team goals including profitability reviews, planning, and trend analyses as needed.
- Train and mentor junior staff.
Please note this posting is open to multiple locations or remote. Compensation will vary based on location, experience and education.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 35 years relevant experience along with passing grades on a minimum of 5 Casualty Actuarial Exams is required for Sr. Actuarial Analyst grade level.
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience along with ACAS or FCAS is required for Actuary grade level.
- Sound knowledge of actuarial techniques and standards, as well as other business operations including financial, underwriting, legal, statistics, claims, sales, etc.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships and interact effectively with others within and outside the organization.
- Ability to motivate and mentor peers and motivate and train subordinates;
- MS Office Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote required. R, PowerBI, and VBA skills a plus.
- Experience writing SQL queries of moderate complexity preferred.
- Ability to exercise discretion and apply independent judgement and critical thinking skills in execution of assignments
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.