Head of Cyber Risk Management, GRS
The GRS (Global Risk Solutions) Capital Modeling & ERM (Enterprise Risk Management) team is seeking a manager to lead a Cyber Risk Management team in GRS. You will work collaboratively with the business units and underwriters to develop and maintain a comprehensive view of global cyber risk, building a complete risk framework to evaluate cyber risk against internally developed tolerances and communicate the results to the GRS ERM Committee and other key stakeholders.
Leveraging technical cyber knowledge and experience and working collaboratively with internal and external industry and risk experts, you and your team will lead efforts to further develop internal, customized models, enhance knowledge of cyber risk, and influence the direction of the global cyber data strategy.
This is a high visibility role with key deliverables to the GRS Executive Leadership Team and the GRS ERM Committee through quarterly ERM meetings. This position will partner with Risk / Loss Control to align to cyber risk and threat landscape as it pertains to improving Cyber Risk Model. This position requires a highly organized, self-motivated individual with strong leadership skills and technical acumen as well as superior verbal and written communication skills. This individual will lead through change and use creativity and subject matter expertise to deepen the ERM Committee's understanding of cyber risk and communicate results confidently, concisely, and clearly to leadership teams including the GRS ERM Committee.
- Leads and manages a team of professionals and support staff. Has accountability for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function
- Manages multiple processes relative to the identification, analysis, control, or management of cyber risks, and may apply specific direct expertise.
- Participates in and leads Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) committee discussions with senior executives across the company on cyber-related ERM related initiatives.
- Partners with senior leaders to identify and analyze potential sources of cyber loss to minimize risk, estimate the potential financial consequences of an occurring loss and makes recommendations
- Actively contributes to the development of advanced analytical techniques, processes, concepts, and methodologies to ensure the organization has effective tools to evaluate and mitigate cyber risk.
- Helps drive the standardization of processes that ensure timely collection of exposure and cyber risk analytics data.
- Consults with investments management, business units, compliance, and regulatory affairs groups on ERM-related issues.
- Competencies typically acquired through a Bachelor`s degree in a quantitative field and professional qualification in one or more areas of risk management or its equivalent, and 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Advanced degree (MBA or equivalent) is highly preferred, in addition to industry experience in underwriting or finance.
- FCAS is high preferred
- Management experience is highly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both formal and informal settings, as well as proven ability to effectively present technical concepts to non-technical individuals within and outside of the organization are highly preferred
- Ability to foster and encourage teamwork and productive working relationships with stakeholders at all levels and across organizational lines highly preferred
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.