Claims Customer Care Representative
To be successful in this role, you must live in the states of Texas or Washington.
Advance your Claims Career with Liberty Mutual: A Fortune 100 Company!
As a Customer Care Representative within the Global Retail Markets Water Mitigation team you will play a critical role ensuring our customers have swift resolution of Water Claims. Reporting
directly to the Claims Support Supervisor, you will perform a full range of customer service functions to support our customer's needs. This team thrives in a fast-paced, high-production, high-volume environment that focuses heavily on customer satisfaction. Work is driven primarily by inbound calls and file documentation. This is a newly created position as a result of growth within the Property Claims Operation.
This position will support the West Coast time zone.
Must be located in Texas or Washington.
The schedule for this position may include a weekend day.
Although this position is currently remote, you may be required to come into the office on a monthly basis or as needed.
- Provides efficient customer service by promptly and courteously responding to all inbound inquiries regarding Personal Insurance claims.
- Performs initial capture of water damage mitigation efforts from program vendors and performs enhanced capture steps as needed. Handles status calls and provides assistance on pending claims through effective collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrates understanding of policies and provides guidance and assistance to callers based on their needs, as well as deductible impacts and loss implications, and may make limited recommendations on the mitigation process as needed.
- Processes caller transactions accurately and within established Water Mitigation Unit standards. Manages and utilizes time effectively to ensure productivity and quality standards are met.
- Efficiently utilizes on-line reference materials to provide accurate and timely information and counsel to vendors. Effectively operates systems and applications including computer desktop and various Microsoft programs including Word, Outlook and Excel. Demonstrates subject matter expertise and continuously builds product, procedural and technical systems knowledge. Completes licensing and continuing education requirements as required.
- Assists with departmental training and communication as needed. May assist with quality reviews and opening and/or closing duties. Supports and assists with office and or department projects and programs.
- Process non-complex claim payments of up to $5,000 and expense payments of up to $500 as directed by Claims Restoration Specialists or Management.
- High School degree or equivalent training or experience in a business related field, or a minimum of 6 months related work experience is required.
- Customer Service experience preferred. Ability to review record and organize written data from a variety of sources.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, and the capacity to multi-task in a structured work environment, are required.
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information is critical.
- Proficiency with computers is mandatory. Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and keyboard shortcuts is desired.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 25 WPM.
- Must be able to obtain appropriate licenses upon hiring/training.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.