Business Lines Field Property Adjuster II
Property Adjusters investigate commercial property claims, evaluate damages, determine coverage, set accurate loss cost estimates, control the insured's exposures and losses, manage consultants, and achieve a prompt, fair and equitable settlement according to fair claims handling requirements. Negotiate settlement of claims with varying complexity and perils.
**The property adjuster will be traveling within the Casper, WY area. In order to be successful within the role, candidates should live within this area or very close to.**
Training is a critical component to your success and that success starts with reliable attendance. Attendance and active engagement during training is mandatory
- Conducts a prompt, thorough and fair investigation by obtaining relevant facts to determine coverage, origin, and extent of loss. Reviews and utilizes financial statements to adjust moderately sized business interruption losses.
- Conduct on-site appraisal or direct independent adjuster to determine facts relevant causation, damages and exposure.
- Engages and manages consultants and independent adjusters as required. Monitors the costs to ensure they are reasonable and necessary.
- Establishes and maintains accurate loss cost estimates and reserves for each claim for reporting, financial records, and other purposes.
- Keeps the Insured and others informed about the claim's status with clear, timely and accurate written/oral communications. Effectively communicates in writing on moderately complex coverage issues with minimal review and coaching. Determines depreciation of claim.
- Affirms or denies coverage of the claim based on the facts and the policy terms and conditions. Develops information necessary to make advance, partial and final payments when appropriate.
- Meet time requirements of the policy and fair claims handling practices.
- Effectively negotiate settlement of claims of varying complexity and perils. Achieves a prompt, fair and equitable settlement of a claim, where there is policy liability.
- Keeps the electronic claim file properly documented with accurate, clear and timely information and reports that reflect the adjustment activities and substantiate any payments made.
- May participate in quality assurance file review sessions and serve as a technical resource for less experienced claims personnel.
- Will be called upon for catastrophe duty.
Knowledge of property insurance; commercial property claims; coverage evaluation; claims investigation, loss assessment, evaluation and reserves; financial analyses; insurance regulations; negotiation and settlement of moderate complexity claims; other skills required in a focus on customers; decision making; results oriented; spoken communication; and adaptability; an ability to build relationships, mentoring and training less experienced team members, listen (i.e., comprehend nuances and acknowledge others' viewpoints), write business correspondence, produce accurate work, manage projects, manage vendors; and use core applications/spreadsheets as normally acquired through a bachelor's degree or equivalent; successful completion of required internal training programs and AIC (Associate in Claims) module 33; and at least 18 months of progressively responsible experience.
Ability and willingness to travel to the site of a catastrophe for assignments that may last several weeks.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.