Risk Control Consultant Internship (Summer 2023)
We are beyond proud to be one of the largest private safety organizations in the United Statesthanks in part to Liberty Mutual's team of risk control professionals.
If you have a knack for solving problems and seek a rewarding opportunity with a global Fortune 100 company, join us in helping our mission of helping people live safer, more secure lives.
This summer, seize the opportunity to leverage your acumen of engineering, business, safety, fire protection, math, and/or science as a Risk Control Consultant Intern.
During this 10-to-12-week internship, you'll work under the mentorship of leaders and experts in the field to conduct risk assessments and identify hazards and controls. You'll also sharpen your analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills through a business-related project.
The Risk Control Internship will expose you to several of business units across Liberty Mutual, including workers compensation, auto liability, general liability, and property lines of coverage.
Best of all, at the end of summer, you may have the opportunity to explore a future career with Liberty Mutual, one of the leading property and casualty insurers in the country.
What you've got
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program in Engineering, Occupational Safety, Fire Safety, Business, or related field with at least one semester remaining following the Summer 2023 with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- You have 0-2 years of professional experience.
- Your skillset includes analyzing qualitative and quantitative data, solving problems, and communicating your ideas to influence decision making.
- You are detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- You possess strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
- You must be available to work full-time for a minimum of 10-12 weeks
- You must have permanent work authorization in the United States.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.